Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there has to be a better way to solve the allergy problem other than OTC drugs.this is critical that i solve it before allergy season hits again. the dysfunction that i experience is not good!!!haven't you tried to ever get to the root of the problem???do you have any hunches as to what might be the real cause???CRH (edit ----CRF )hormone from the hypothalamus??? Prostaglandin / leukotriene problems????something is wrong.susan p (fibro board) has achieved some help with allergies because of ibsacol. i have achieved very mild help. fish oil could be a very important factor--we will see.have you ever wondered if altering your prostaglandin/leukotriene levels could help you???i ate a simple green veggie over the last 2 days (wed, thurs) and i suffered greatly. i think there must be cross-allergic proteins in it. i am allergic to every WEED they tested me for. This is ridiculous, i need real answers for this intolerance/allergy thing.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Only one thing has really worked for meImmunotherapy.Standard go to the doctor get shots of the stuff that bothers you until the immune system finally learns that it is OK. Work really well for me. Cats, etc do not bother me anymore. I get migraines from them (which seems to be a histamine thing) but the rest of the immune system seems to keep the allergies in check (that is what they thing happens first, then tolerance is learned as new immune cells are exposed to the allergens in a way that they figure out they are harmless). I do not know of anything that is "wrong" ie "needs to be fixed" in people with allergies other than they are intolerant of things that they should not be.One OTC thing you could try, that can be quite helpful for some people to take starting a couple of weeks before allergy season hits is NASALCROM. Basically it is like valium for the mast cells in your nose. They see the allergens, but do not release the histamine, etc anymore.I do not know of anyone who treats allergies by trying to muck with various aspects of the immune system other than drugs to shut the histamine reaction off (from antihistamines to steroids) or Immunotherapy.If they tested you, wasn't it a place that does that sort of work? Or is there some reason they (or you) reject immunotherapy as a treatment option (after all some people just will not get shots no matter what).For some things they use Gastrocrom, which is the same medication that works in the GI tract, maybe that would help with the food thing for you as well????K.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. i used to get the shots but they seemed to be affecting me very much during my worst period. therefore i quit.i have been meaning to study this some more to make sure it is a valid treatment option -- i have turned my back on mainstream medicine as i slowly shift to alternative methods.however, this is one area that could really help me --- even with my food intolerances. this supposed increase in IgG that results from the shots threw me a little because i was under the impression that i had too much IgG.i am going back!!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually with allergies it is too much IgE and the IgG made in reponse to the shots (not sure if it changes the total amount or just which ones you keep circulating) blocks the IgE so it can't "see" the stuff the IgG is bound to....or something like that.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.