Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya know, this is my first time using this message board and I was simply trying to help someone or anyone with IBS.Side effects? You're comparing hemlock with Oregano? Are you serious?I've used Oregano oil for over a year and thank God I found it.Oregano is not a medicine and does not have any of the side affects associated with many prescription drugs. It is safe when used in moderation which I clearly posted.Maybe being a junior board poster I'm not in your in league - in your mind. Far be it from a rookie poster to step on your ALL KNOWING toes.I've helped several friends and family members with IBS just by introducing them to Oregano Oil and ALWAYS telling them to use it with caution!!The more people who know about it, the better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AND, both of my physicians are very encouraging with my continued use of Oregano oil. I realize it may not be the panacea for IBS, but you're not the only person with a heart-warming story about your illness.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I believe the point was that natural does not = safe. In other words, that mushroom in my backyard is very natural, although I don't think that makes it safe to eat it. Having said that, the claimed antimicrobial effect of oregano oil is interesting. Does anyone know the scientific evidence for this?

·
Registered
521 Posts
kkenya, I did read that article and it is interesting, but I'd still be interested in seeing some studies. I'm somewhat skeptical of the article....there's a link to a place that's sells the oil and a link to some candida foundation at the bottom of the article. Those kind of things make me wonder.

·
Registered
511 Posts
"I'm not a doctor and I don't want anyone to think they should stop taking any meds. I'm just saying what worked for me and a few other people I told about the Oregano. Please use caution if you want to start taking Oregano oil, but it is a natural herb and I've had absoletly NO side affects at all." kmottus, the above passage is quoted from kkenya's post. he or she does not in this paragraph nor in any other location claim that because something is naturally occurring it has no side effects. the person merely says that he has had no side effects. i found his or her post to be appropriate, informative and containing the needed disclaimer's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kmottus, you are a piece of work if nothing else. Get a life or maybe learn to read.I clearly stated that it worked for ME, not EVERYONE. I also stated one should use CAUTION.You said you're sorry that I don't like that all things have side affects? Can you perhaps be anymore condescending? I'm sorry that you feel threatened that someone posted one of the hopeful remedies for IBS without consulting you first.From now on, I promise to check with you first before posting.How dumb can I be?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ugh,You're right, I did not see that link to the site for oils until you mentioned it. Makes me kind of wonder about the article as well. The only other malady I've heard Oregano used for is gum disease of all things.Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm sorry I caused so much fuss.I don't really understand what was so awful about checking to see if something someone posted might have side effects for SOMEONE. Once again, I'm sorry I upset or bothered you in anyway and I will never respond to another word you post here.Since I apparently am offending everyone I am going to ask Jeff to delete all of my responses and the responses generated from kkenya's posts. Once again I sincerely appologize for stepping on your toes.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html [This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 05-11-2001).]

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sigh. Do I need to bump up my Thumper quote or my "how to get your point across without hurting feelings" post again?Kkenya, I appreciate what you're trying to do, and I agree that you have made the appropriate disclaimers and given the information that you do know.But this kind of flaming and anger is not appropriate. I will bump my post up again and I'd appreciate it if next time you could use "I" statements and the golden rule to get your point across.No matter what Kmottus said to anger you, and no matter if what she said was appropriate or not, she was trying to help and make sure that others on the board realized that they should use caution in trying something new. I don't think she was trying to dis you. Kmottus isn't like that.And therefore your response was inappropriate.------------------RhetanaIBS D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rhetana and Mitchell and kmottus,I hear you and I apologize. I wasn't really angry, but my posts were very sarcastic and I shouldn't have responded in that manner.I learned my lesson and I won't do it again.Respectfully,Kenya

·
Registered
511 Posts
kkenya, i understand your response. in the past i have responded to posters in a much more belligerent fashion but that doesn't make it right. a more controlled response would have served you a little better. i hope kmottus will review this incident and see that she was not fully with the program.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When I went looking to see if there were side effects for oregano because I like to know these things, not out out of some need to bash proponants of oregano, I found most sites said there were not any and confused that with kkenya's for me there were no side effects. and the natural = safe, effective and free of any possible harm thing is one of those issues that bothers me, so my response was in part to the misinformation about aregano I found while trying to do a little research into this particular herb.While I take alot of things that have no side effects for me I have no problem with people pointing out that they may have side effects for other people, or that what I take may be inappropriate for people who are pregnant or attempting to get pregnant.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html [This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 05-11-2001).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe there has been a little misunderstanding here and I would like tothank kkenya for bringing up, to me anyway,a new option, but I also like to know as much as possible about these new things andI would also like to thank kmottus for herinfo,which has always been appreciated andhope she continues to contribute in the future

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.