Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished reading the biography "Heavier than Heaven," which relied on interviews with Cobain's relatives. It says several doctors had diagnosed him with IBS after numerous scope tests over the years. It didn't tell whether he was a D or C type--only listed the complaints of pain and "burning nausea." However, in 1990 he wrote an (unreleased) song titled "Imodium." The man never ate vegetables, preferring instead a diet of pizza, tacos, Kentucky Fried Chicken and the like. He claimed that his prodigious heroin use was an attempt to quell the pain from his digestive problems. In one interview, he said, "After living with constant pain for five years, you just want to kill yourself." Sadly, he finally did.

·
Registered
172 Posts
yup, i've heard and read the same...before concerts and gigs he would be backstage clutching his stomach in pain and vomitting all the time, and supposedly a big part of his dependency on drugs were due to his ibs....when he mentioned his battle with his ibs while a few of us were watching vh1's "behind the music," my friends all slowly kinda turned to look at me...ah, the pains of ibs...

·
Registered
172 Posts
yup, i've heard and read the same...before concerts and gigs he would be backstage clutching his stomach in pain and vomitting all the time, and supposedly a big part of his dependency on drugs were due to his ibs....when he mentioned his battle with his ibs while a few of us were watching vh1's "behind the music," my friends all slowly kinda turned to look at me...ah, the pains of ibs...

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I never knew that about my darling Kurt. It makes me feel not quite so bad!I love Kurt Cobain- i have been wondering about that for a while. I understand how he felt. Ive felt like ending it all sometimes.Bless him- whats the name of that book again?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I never knew that about my darling Kurt. It makes me feel not quite so bad!I love Kurt Cobain- i have been wondering about that for a while. I understand how he felt. Ive felt like ending it all sometimes.Bless him- whats the name of that book again?

G

·
I heard that. One of the reasons In Utero is one of my favorites albums is the song "Pennyroyal Tea". He seems to mention his stomach problems in it. (I'm on warm milk and laxatives, cherry flavored antacids...) Too bad about him.

G

·
I heard that. One of the reasons In Utero is one of my favorites albums is the song "Pennyroyal Tea". He seems to mention his stomach problems in it. (I'm on warm milk and laxatives, cherry flavored antacids...) Too bad about him.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I hadn't heard that about marilyn.. i had heard that she used laxitives and enemas to lose pounds fast, and abusing laxitives can make it so you can't go without them, and i wouldn't be surprised if that happened to her.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I hadn't heard that about marilyn.. i had heard that she used laxitives and enemas to lose pounds fast, and abusing laxitives can make it so you can't go without them, and i wouldn't be surprised if that happened to her.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I like Cobain's music, but I have never been a super fan. However, it always puzzled me (could that be the correct term?) how he cut his life short. I cannot imagine how miserable it must be for someone in his position (traveling, going onstage, interviews, surrounded - scary!, etc.).When I was 12 I wanted to be famous; now that is the last thing I want in life. I couldn't deal with the "running to the bathroom" and be recognized everywhere.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I like Cobain's music, but I have never been a super fan. However, it always puzzled me (could that be the correct term?) how he cut his life short. I cannot imagine how miserable it must be for someone in his position (traveling, going onstage, interviews, surrounded - scary!, etc.).When I was 12 I wanted to be famous; now that is the last thing I want in life. I couldn't deal with the "running to the bathroom" and be recognized everywhere.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.