Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kylie, I saw your post in another thread, saying that your'e an Aussie, and that you haven't met any others yet. Well here's another!Even though it doesn't really matter that much where we're all from (the internet is a great way to travel the world in a few minutes), it's nice to know that there's someone else here on the BB from Australia - makes me feel a bit less alone. It's also handy in regards to products and doctors.So, which part do you hail from? I'm from Canberra - yep, the boring capital of Australia, full of public servants, including me!Anyways, if you or any other Aussies out there feel like it, write back and say Hi!
Lbee.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sydney. Yes there are a few. You might like to look up Jackie's posts via the search engine, get her website address and see if it might be of relevence for you. She doesn't post that often now, think she is still researching the bug her website talks about and confines herself to that issue by and large. Of course believe she is also doing much better now because of our gastro here in Sydney. That might interest you also.

G

·
Howdy all, I live in Singleton in the Hunter Valley. I have niece living in Canberra (yep, public servant too!).Nice to see a few other Aussies. I find when I mention a product I end up qualifying it coz what is one name here, maybe something altogether different in America or Europe (I'm on another bulletin board that actually shows your country of origin under your username, makes things easier).Hope life is treating you all well, esp after the Easter Bunny's visit!Kylie

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Lbee.Don't stress, there are quite a few of us Aussies on the BB. I'm from Tootgarook on the Mornington Peninsula (about 80km South of Melbourne). The peninsula is a favourite holiday spot, but the tourists can drive us locals nuts!!
Ciao------------------Love, peace and many groovies...Kerry[This message has been edited by KerryW (edited 04-17-2001).]

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm in Rockhampton and research for a local group of 'chronics' who suffer from a broad range of stuff like IBS and other similar ailments. Any other Aussies who would like to join our mailing list please let me know. I also subscribe to OzME, ME Leaders and Gilbertsweb. Cheers. Tony

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys!So nice to see a response! Nina M, I am interested to find out about this gastro in Sydney that you mentioned. Perhaps you could write back and tell me his/her name.Kalium, what did you think of Canberra when you were here? Did you leave because you were bored with it? That's why most people seem to leave here, but I think it's beautiful!Cheers everyone,
Lbee

·
Registered
217 Posts
I refer to him in my posts quite often LBee, but won't put all his details up in a public forum, 'cause I haven't asked his permission to do so. He is a leader in the field with an innovative, though often controversial approach, but generally regarded as one of the best in the country. Simple way to read about is by entering www.smh.com.au/news/0011/16/national/national8.html Hmm, that web address hasn't turned blue!!!Okay, article in the Syndey Morning Herald 16th November, 2000, 'Gut Feelings Cry Out For Waste'. Generally takes most people's breathe away first time they hear about it. Let me assure you the procedure done correctly is perfectly safe, donor well screened & tested. The present clinic is flat chat busy and the new 'probiotic' one is taking forever to open, I'm very sad to say since I am waiting on same.

G

·
Hi Fellow Countrypersons!I'm a transplanted Aussie. Nice to see so many of us here. I moved to the U.S. in 1972 I was born and raised in Sydney;I suffered with my first symptoms of IBS long before I moved over here and continue to suffer
I always get a feeling of comfort when I see other Aussies post. I found this bb about 18mths ago and have learned a lot from the people here although I don't seem to have the chance to come in and read as often as I'd like.Nice to meet you all,Margaret

·
Registered
540 Posts
Score one more for Australia - Melbourne to be precise.I just read that article that NinaM put the link for. I'm sorry, but even if they could guarantee that as a cure for me, I couldn't do it. I'll wait for them to develop the bacteria capsule!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.