Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You might try the search function there have been a few threads on it. It is something some people recommend.I think we've had mixed results over the years from those that tried it. Some people say it works, other people get no benefit, but that is like anything. I cannot predict if it will help you. I don't think there is any hard data, but let me check.Back. They've looked a bit at amino acids and the gut, but not much research to say why it might work, and no research I can find with IBS specifically.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Glutamine is an amino acid that the body produces naturally and it helps to keep the lining of the intestines healthy. Most people who will benefit from Glutamine are those who have something like Leaky Gut Syndrome, which is when the intestinal walls are thinned out so much that they are similar to a window screen allowing food particles to leak through into the blood stream, thus causing food sensitivities like gluten-intolerance. Leaky gut is most often seen in people with IBD, but some with IBS can have the problem as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.