Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to share some updates on my 20 years battle with urgencies, bloating etc... Just like most of you did I tried almost every possible remedy, always looking for new ideas, medical research... I don't know how I read about L-Lysine the other day but ordered a bottle of 100 caps.
Started to take 1g each morning last wednesday and... I feel better, just one trip to the toilets in the morning, and then... nothing. I ate burgers, drank alcohol, had social gathering that usually makes me sick etc... last week and it didn't provoked any flares like usually.
Today I took a trip to the mountains for a hike, waking up early, 4 hours roundtrip, a day in the mountain with no access to any toilets (and a spot with no trees at all aha), greasy picnic ... all the right ingredients for a stressfull day...
I woke up, coffee, brioche, one trip to the toilets, hopped in the car. After one hour drive I felt like I had to find a toilet to empty my bowel, stopped at a gas station but nope, finally no urge... Just the feeling in my gut that it want to get empty but when presented to a toilet, doesn't want to. Well, good, thanks.

So it is less than one week trying this... will get you in touch in the next days to see if it keeps working or if I get flares... Any people here had any luck with L-Lysine ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Max. It's interesting. I was researching one night and came up with L-Lysine as a possible idea. But I'd never heard of it before. I posted here to ask if anyone had tried it, but got no reply to my post, so guessed no-one had. I haven't tried it yet.
It all sounds really good...
Do you normally have periods when you are "normal" like this? Or it's definitely the L-Lysine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No this is definitely L-Lysine as I am sick everyday usually aha

That said, lil update, I had a cold those past 2 days, running nose etc... It usually makes IBS worse, more flares etc... And even with L-Lysine, I had flares... Today I am feeling better, will see in the next days, without a cold how it evolves...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts