Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,In pursuit of relief, allow me to ask:Does anyone get sharp pain on left side from mid groin to below the rib cage? Relieves when pressed or very temporarily after a BM. (Constipation). Pain can radiate to left flank. I am kind of torn between IBS and diverticular disease. Although I have no fever. Definitely stress related. Also, I keep hearing on an alternative health show about the use of a product called P-73 Oil of Oreganol. Supposedly kills bacteria in colin. Anyone ever hear of it or use it?As always, your input is appreciated.Thank you.John

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I have only heard of it in cleaning products and it will kill 99.99% of bacteria and even the HIV virus, so it may well work internally, as well.Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS can cause pain in every single location any GI disease of the colon can cause pain because it can effect any portion of the colon.Pain relieved by a BM is a very classic IBS symptom and may happen with any stool consistancy or frequency not just constipation. Many people have diverticuli and no symptoms from them what-so-ever. Most people have diverticuli if they live long enough, but you rarely see them in young to middle aged people. It is usually a disease of the elderly.The bend in the colon on the left near the rib cage is a common spot for IBS pain even though it can cause pain anywhere the colon is.Mostly bacteria in the colon is normal and healthy and over-killing them can cause problems like C. diff. overgrowth. I'm not sure how well any of the herbs that kill bacteria in a test-tube work for killing bacteria in the colon. I'm not sure you can get the concentration needed to be lethal in a living organism for some of these compounds.K.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also get pain in my left side underneath my ribcage.I recently had a colonoscopy and when it got to that part of my colon I had terrible pain eventhough I had pain relief.The staff carrying out the procedure said that I had a loop in that section and couldn't get the camera any further so they didn't finish the procedure.I asked if this could be at the route of my problems and they said they don't know as many people have loopy, twisted sections of colon.I think it probably has something to do with it, as it seems a bit too ironic that I was having pain there and that is where the loop is.Have you had a colonoscopy?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Katie,Yes, I had my last colonoscopy about five years ago. I've heard about that bowel loop condition and I would imagine that it can be painful. Indeed that is probably the cause of your problems and/or splenic flexure.Thank you for your post.John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.