Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this is TMI. I had my first appt with a gastro doc this morning. I really liked the dr. He was very attentive and asked a lot of questions. He is pretty sure I have IBS, but wants to run labs to rule out other things. I'll be having a blood test for gluten intolerance and I have to submit "specimens" for testing. At least I can do it at home, but yuck. I know this is gross...but any tips? I have tubs that are about the shape of a small butter tub, and then 6 vials (I have to provide 3x's, so each time has 2 vials). I have these horrible images in my mind of what can go wrong. Is this a big deal or am I being a baby? I've done this for my dog, but just picked it up in a baggy and was done with it...no having to transfer "it" with a scoop to a new container. I keep telling myself that at least I don't have to have a colonoscopy!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
It can be kindof gross phycologically, but not really a big deal. Imagine working in the lab with it all. Just something you have to do with a gi condition.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Scoob, Been there and got the shirt.No you aren't being a baby.And yes, keep thinking at least I don't have to have a colonoscopy. LOLIt isn't that bad really. It *is your own after all. (Imagine collecting someone else's???
And try to remember it has already touched you inside, now you are just gonna be touching it with a different part of your body. It will be done before ya know it.BQ

·
Registered
5 Posts
it is not really pleasant
... had done it... is not as bad as it sounds. Before you know it, it will be done. Felt kinda weird at first, but thought to myself i rather do it and get the results and know what is happening instead of waiting and wondering

·
Registered
897 Posts
Scoobydo, this is for you. Okay, for those who don't want to read gross details just skip this post. I couldn't do it until I figured out a method that kept things as encapsulated as possible--here's what I did. Get wide mouthed soda cup. Line with plastic baggy which you fold down extra over the sides. Take into bathroom with twist tie between your teeth. Do your business in the cup--yes just stick it there when you're sitting on the toilet--and as soon as enough has been done, whip the cup out, twist the baggy shut and secure with twist tie. Now, get out those stool sample cups, along with a pair of scissors. Keep the lids near by. Now put pointed corner of bag over cup, snip off corner and squeeze what you need into cup while holding your breat. Repeat as necessary. Put leftover baggie into plastic bag, knot shut and put in garbage. I thought this approach was brilliant, let me know if it works for you. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.