Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when I stay up late and do not get enough sleep, my IBS symptoms get worse. When I get up all tired, my stomach feels bloated and it is more active then days when I get enough rest. Any Ideas? Oh one more thing, if anyone out there has not tried Digestive Enzymes, You do not know what you are missing. They have greatly improved my IBS Symptoms. Best of all, not side effects!

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you don't rest,you're body can't heal. I feel you're pain,I don't sleep much with IBS,and OAB. After a while you just have to make yourself lay down and rest. But yea,If you don't rest,Your body can't heal. When you sleep,your body will heal.If you're bloated, Drink lots of water,I know it sounds odd.but it works.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yup, insomnia makes my IBS symptoms worse too.BQ

·
Registered
47 Posts
it's so hard for me to sleep because i lie there scared to death that my stomach (er, colon) will suddenly start to spaz out on me. does anyone have any suggestions? this keeps me up until at least 1 every night. please help. Mario27- what kind of digestive enzymes do you use, do you use a specific brand? do you take them every time you eat? are the over the counter? thanks for your help

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I have used the IBS Audioprogram and that did greatly reduce insomnia for me Ataraxia. I agree also that Digestive Enzymes can help some folks. I have used GNC's brand. No RX needed.BQ

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm curious about these digestive enzymes too.Right now I am on Hyoscyamine for my IBS. It hassome odd side effects, I'd rather go the morenatural route if possible. I have a terrible timesleeping and lately have been taking over thecounter sleeping pills. My doctor claims theyare safe to take, but I hate popping all thesepills. I always wake up nervous because thatis when the cramping, gas and multiple BM's start.I end up taking a traq, Alprazolam to help withthe nervousness. I am beginning to feel likeElvis, I am taking pills to sleep, to eat, towake up etc. There has to be a better way tocope with IBS. Any ideas on a more 'natural'approach anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.