Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this for C? It is a thick suger liquid that is suposed to help with C. You need a percription for it. I have not tried it yet and was wondering if this works.

G

·
I tried this stuff about 11 years ago. It gave me cramps so bad I gave it up. Laxatives aren't good for you, in general, and really should be avoided. There are quite a few fiber preparations out there, including the Metamucil cookies; which taste quite good. If fiber doesn't work (and for some of us it doesn't) consider a small plain water enema; just enough to get you started. I've found that if I can just get started, I can usually have a good evacuation. There is also Colace which is a stool softener that might help, depending on your situation.Opinions are mine. I have no medical training.

G

·
I tried this stuff about 11 years ago. It gave me cramps so bad I gave it up. Laxatives aren't good for you, in general, and really should be avoided. There are quite a few fiber preparations out there, including the Metamucil cookies; which taste quite good. If fiber doesn't work (and for some of us it doesn't) consider a small plain water enema; just enough to get you started. I've found that if I can just get started, I can usually have a good evacuation. There is also Colace which is a stool softener that might help, depending on your situation.Opinions are mine. I have no medical training.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Having used Lactulose for a time (not for C....long story) I quickly formed the opinion that this artificial 'sugar' had worsened my gut dysbiosis and exacerbated both existing allergy and gastrointestinal symptoms. However all my written info says that Lactulose is both harmless and effective, you may just have to suck and see! Cheers. Tony

·
Registered
89 Posts
Having used Lactulose for a time (not for C....long story) I quickly formed the opinion that this artificial 'sugar' had worsened my gut dysbiosis and exacerbated both existing allergy and gastrointestinal symptoms. However all my written info says that Lactulose is both harmless and effective, you may just have to suck and see! Cheers. Tony

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi there. I used lactulose for a couple of months this year, and have gradually weened myself off of it. I have been told that it is fine for long term use, but that gradually, it will create dependency. However, using it for a little while, I think, was a good idea. I felt better, and was able to make progress with my health.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi there. I used lactulose for a couple of months this year, and have gradually weened myself off of it. I have been told that it is fine for long term use, but that gradually, it will create dependency. However, using it for a little while, I think, was a good idea. I felt better, and was able to make progress with my health.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.