Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,I went to the shops today and bought every natural thing i could think of that has a natural laxative effect:- Aleo Vera Juice- Apple Juice- Prune Juice- Magnesium tablets- Vit C tablets- Licorice- All branalso have lactulose and enemasWonder if I should take them all in one hit or try different combinations. Ive already the glass of apply juice, 20ml aloe vera juice and three licorice.... thinking will also do magnesium and vit C and lactulose and enema....What do you think?I am having so much trouble going to the toilet and having a BM, i feel so blocked up and need to go. I dont want to take laxatives cause they are addictive and i dont want to get to a point where not even a laxative works. Ive had a few laxatives over the last three weeks, they did a little but not alot. Im hoping the natural way and in bulk helps. No idea if it will.I havent had C this bad in ages :-(

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Poopea I know you are miserable but truly you CAN use laxatives.. safely. I think you are suffering needlessly by avoiding them.Here.. read this thread paying particular attention to Kathleen's responses (particularly the 2nd one):http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=118950

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you BQ, i always thought laxatives you could become dependent on them. I know you can take the osmotic ones i.e. lactoluse on a regular basis but as far as i was aware the stimulant ones you needed to be more cuatious... even dr's and gastros say that.... it can get very confusing.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
it can get very confusing
Yes it certainly can!I just hope you feel better real soon Poopea!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me tooI welcome my D back any day of the C.... C is rather distressing. I am going to give myself another two days to go on my own (would make it four days in total), if i dont then i will do the laxatives. When C gets this bad, i kinda feel like my body has betrayed me... its odd i know.Thanks again

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Up to you.... but Isure wouldn't worry about taking it. Feel better and let us know how you are doing hun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aloe vera is a stimulent laxative which cause severe attacks for IBS sufferers and turns the colon black. Vitamin c can cause cramps /bloat/gas for quite a few people. For me it sure did.Fruit juices can stimulent the colon and cause gas/bloat and cramps so be careful. I tried the juice annd was on the floor in pain.Enemas can cause violent attacks so be careful. Lactulose too since it's a stimulent like enemas. I tried it and it gave me severe bloat gas cramping. Also if enemas are not doe correctly they will permenently damage the colon. Bran actually causes IBS to be worse exspecially if you eat it on an empty stomache. When I tried it my IBS got more severe even though I ate it with soluble fiber. Here's some info just type in help for ibs in the google search engine and you will find Heather Van Vorus's site . There 's some good tips on there.Also magnesium has to me taken all at once with 1 cup water ( warm) on an empty stomache and it has to be citrate or oxide. You may need up to 1000mg. I take 420-500mg because a really high dose causes my bloat/gas to be worse. Some people can get d too. I find magnesium only works once or twice a month for me. Licorice is a mild laxative for me it sure didn't work.Take Care.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for the advice....I agree that most of these things cause bloating and wind, but for me every single food does that. Its not an exageration am winding and bloated after eating anything at all. I think that I am just overly sensative to that feeling and so experience it to be worse that it actually is.Well for me I have been able to have a BM 2-3 times a day by doing 1.5 to 3 hours of exercise a day, x3 bio magnesium a night, x1 vit C, x4 licorice sticks. I have to be careful cause the more i excerise the less i need of the other things. I did three hours of exercise one day and took all that OMG i was sick with severe D and pain. So im learning the balance. I dont mind the pain and D so much, just so long as im not constipated. I cant stand not going to the toilet it messes to much with my head and tummy. Oh and every night i have 20ml of aleo vera in a small glass of apple juice. Im just really glad im going somewhat ok on all natural things. I have used the occasional suppositorySoo yeah at the moment I am just playing around with the mix. I pray that it continues to work, even with D and pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.