Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bad IBS attack yesterday afternoon into last night. I was in a BAD mood this morning after not much sleep, still hurting and still had to get through a morning of housecleaning at my son's.I asked my husband to do some of the dusting and gave he the small duster to use. I was working in another room. When I came back he was just picking up the pieces of a martini glass that he knocked off the bar and in his hand was the big duster that I use for under the beds. Needless to say, I hit the ceiling. I gave him the small duster to use because I thought it would be safer. I was already feeling lousy. I left a note for my son and said we would pay for the glass. I have no idea how much it is going to cost, but I am sure that it isn't going to be cheap.It is soooo frustrating to try to bring in a little extra money and have to deal with things like this. I will probably have to work for free next week to make up for the cost of the glass. Why do these things happen when I am already feeling at my worst!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, he is your son, i imagine he lets you clean so you can feel like you are working for the money. Wouldnt he just help you two out if you asked? I cant imagine he would make you pay for the glass but his wife might be a different story.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Sorry you had a bad day. Asking our H's to help??? If we want something done right we need to just do it ourselves.Hopefully your SOn will say Don't worry about it.Take care and hope you feel better soon.Kat

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Nerfmom,Sorry you had such a bad time, I am glad you are feeling better though. IBS is so unpredictable isn't it? Just never know when it's gonna creep up on ya and bite you in the A... I hope your son and d-inlaw are understanding, surely they will be, it was not your fault. Here is a big hug for you!!!!!!DF

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
WHAT!! Something is wrong with this picture..you work like a dog to clean your sons house and you think you should pay for a dam glass!! i have a daughter inlaw that has to be related to mine from what you have written and there is no way in hell I will fear her or cater to her.. if they want to break the realtionship, be my guest. I think a lot of this #### really irritates our IBS. You sound like a really sweet lady>> do not allow yourself to be taken advantage of . My daughter in law will not let my Son do anything for me..so guess what they get in return "00 nada zip."I know money is tight, it is for me also, as I am a widow with a small pension..here is the real kicker,,,my Son is a doctor!!!But because she has him in debt up to his eyeballs and 2 kids I think she strickly has for child support in case of a divorce my Son could not help me if he wanted to...but the way she handles all the money!!!! Where the hell did I go wrong????

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As it turned out, my son is understanding about the glass. He said they weren't expensive, so it is ok.I did have a little talk with him, he says he understands about my IBS.I don't think that money is an issue with them. They both are doing very well to be able to afford their big new house. They are also going to be putting in a pool. I really don't want to be a burden on them. At least the extra money that I am earning is helping us live a better life.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
quote:Originally posted by knothappy:WHAT!! Something is wrong with this picture..you work like a dog to clean your sons house and you think you should pay for a dam glass!! i have a daughter inlaw that has to be related to mine from what you have written and there is no way in hell I will fear her or cater to her.. if they want to break the realtionship, be my guest. I think a lot of this #### really irritates our IBS. You sound like a really sweet lady>> do not allow yourself to be taken advantage of . My daughter in law will not let my Son do anything for me..so guess what they get in return "00 nada zip."I know money is tight, it is for me also, as I am a widow with a small pension..here is the real kicker,,,my Son is a doctor!!!But because she has him in debt up to his eyeballs and 2 kids I think she strickly has for child support in case of a divorce my Son could not help me if he wanted to...but the way she handles all the money!!!! Where the hell did I go wrong????
Hi Knot,You didn't do anything wrong. I think that it is the way of things these days. I don't know what your age is, but I have a feeling that you and I may not be too many years apart. I am 61.I think that in our day, we learned to live without a lot of things. These days, all of the young people want everything right now regardless of the cost. We were more frugal. My son and daughter in law want to live well and they do. I am glad that they are successful. I guess that just because we don't have much doesn't mean that they should do without. At least we don't have to help them. I have several friends who have to send money to their kids to keep them afloat.I guess that I have a habit of thinking the worst. I don't mean to sound so negative, but it seems that is what I do. When my son and daughter in law knew they were returning to her hometown, they did ask us to move here with them, so I guess that is saying something. It is nice to be near them and to see our only grandchild on a regular basis. So, I need to think more positively in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.