Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel really constipated but I have started leaking liquid poo in my underwear and it’s completely out of my control. I think the liquid poo is going around the hard poo. I am really embarrassed and made an excuse to go home and change my underwear. I still feel like I have a hard poo I can’t pass and I feel really constipated even though I pooped my pants. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this possibly part of my neurological disease?

· Community Manager
13,190 Posts
oh so sorry this has happened to you. yes, i've heard of this before. it's called encopresis. talk to your doctor about it. they can help.

· Registered
70 Posts
I feel really constipated but I have started leaking liquid poo in my underwear and it’s completely out of my control. I think the liquid poo is going around the hard poo. I am really embarrassed and made an excuse to go home and change my underwear. I still feel like I have a hard poo I can’t pass and I feel really constipated even though I pooped my pants. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this possibly part of my neurological disease?
Looks like annie got the possible if not likely description of what is going on. Choosing my words carefully since I 'm not a doctor. With near certainty massive amount of hot water via multiple colemas will get what is stuck out of the body in which case you can start experimenting with diet and laxatives. In your situation I myself have the perspective that the stuff has to come out, ASAP. With repeated colemas since what you are doing isn't working. And this situation never to be allowed to happen again if possible. Feces is meant to leave the body. Like it's imperativo. Eliminatary, my dear Watson.

· Registered
70 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Where can I get a colema board? I still haven’t passed the hard poo and I’m miserable.
If I were in your situation I would do one Fleet enema after another until something happened as you won't have a board for awhile if you order it. Or the same with a hot water bag with very warm or safely hot water. Even if it took hours.

· Registered
70 Posts
A common occurrence but probably not the end of the world. Hopefully it will heal real soon like within a week to a few weeks. Likely I would say it is an anal fissure. Hopefully the bleeding will go way down very soon. There might be things to do if it takes longer than a few weeks or so. There is some cream or something that may help healing if it's an anal fissure but I'd have to research it. I and I'm sure others will have suggestions but please don't let this situation happen again. Do you have a plan to keep the stool not hard ever again? The enema was the correct thing to do. Read about anal fissures. And just a reminder, shit ain't supposed to stay in the body for two weeks. If I was in your situation and didn't know too much about what works for me I myself would start out with one tablespoon of whole chia, grind it to a fine powder, put in in a 1/2 cup of water to a cup of water swirling in a blender and gulp it down. Hawaiian papaya is or can be a very mild acting but persistent laxative. The Mexican papaya doesn't work for me. A bit pricey but could be worth it for awhile while you are healing and getting up to speed on improving your diet and laxative program if you can get it. I would consider chia and papaya as smoothage, real easy going in the beginning. Good luck. Tall52

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have heard that about papaya, maybe I will try and see if I can get some. GI stemmed to understand the severity of my situation so hopefully I won’t wind up in this situation again.

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GI wants me to continue Trulance because it can take a long time to get full effect. I had also been instructed to do miralax twice daily. She said if things aren’t better in a few weeks to let her know and we can try a different med.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts