Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just got bad from the doctor. I went through testing about 6 years ago and was diagnosed as having IBS. I had to take a year off work due to the leaky gas and diahrea problem. I have been back at work for 5 years and all seemed good until the dreaded leaky gas came back in the last 6 months and has been getting progressively worse. Dr is sending me for a full work up including blood testing, stool samples, scopes from each end so I will let you all know if they come up with anything we haven't all talked about on here already. The sad thing is, I don't have much faith that they are going to find anything that I didnt already know and that I will be stuck suffering with this god awful thing for the rest of my life. I almost cried as I left the Doctors office. In the meantime I have just purchased charcoal pills to see if I can at least control the leaky gas.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I wanted to ask, has anyone had success with the activated charcoal? I am really getting tired of spending money on all these things that don't really seem to work. Someone, please tell me they work!!

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Charcoal adsorbs gases but not when it is wet, I think. They suspect the way charcoal works is by absorbing the substrate which the bacteria feed off of to make gas. Studie are mixed about charcoal. But I think some people have had success with it.It probably depends on individual chemistry. So you might just have to try it out yourself to find out if it works for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.