Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, For the last 20 yrs I had bouts of abdominal painful cramping with soft stools relieved after going to the bathroom, and brought on by certain foods, usually very creamy things etc. But in the last month I had trouble with bowel movements and had some accidents, had frequent loose stools that were soft and shreddy.Had a night of some pulsating pain in the lower left so went to the Dr finally. He did bloodwork (CBC and thyroid) and a KUB xray to check for blockage. Everything was normal. Had intestinal cramping and diarrhea all week, followed by 4 days now of bloating and gas. Just had very painful cramping relieved by going to the bathroom.I had asked for an Ultrasound but my dr is ignoring my emails right now. I am leaving for Ireland in a few days and I am a nervous wreck about being able to get on the plane, leave the hotel, eat at restaurants. I am wiped out from being up all night with the bloating/ gas pain.I am new at this and dont officially have a IBS diagnosis, but am I correct in thinking thats what I have by my symptoms?I dont know why it is flaring up so long- I did have a bag of pistachio nuts over the month prior to this and i tried B complex vitamins this month too, maybe that triggered along with lots of stress.So what do I eat now? I am going to try a liquid diet, vegetable and chicken broth and water. Is this good?I hope someone can give me some support I am losing hope and I am so upset about my very expensive trip being ruined.Thank you,Karenupdate: I am awake at 2 am, the bloating/pressure is horrible!! I feel like my food is coming up into my throat too and that my side is going to explode.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you already tried eliminating all milk products from your diet? I am lactose intolerant and for me even the *tiniest* amount of milk/cream/butter will set off symptoms exactly like what you are describing. I can't even eat the quote-unquote "lactose-free" yogurts they sell in the supermarket. If I don't eat any dairy AT ALL, many of my symptoms go away. My D still remains, but it is not on the same scale. If you eat a lot of prepared foods, do be sure to read the food labels, because dairy is put into all kinds of foods you might not expect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI, I am going to try my cereal wihtout milk today. The other thing I was thinking about as I lay awake in agony is this month I have been drinking coconut juice, and perhaps I have an intolerance to that.I think I would rather have D than all this bloating/gas, it feels like its crushing my insides.K

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you are lactose intolerant, and it sounds like you might be, you would need to completely eliminate all dairy (no butter, no cheese, nothing!!!) for at least 3-7 days before you'd be able to tell whether the diet change had an effect. If I have even the tiniest bit of dairy, I will have incredible bloating for the next three days.Of course your symptoms might be related to something else entirely, but eliminating dairy is certainly a relatively easy thing to try. Just remember, it's not just about drinking milk, it's about eating ANY milk product. Read your labels! Best of luck with it...!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.