Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you already tried eliminating all milk products from your diet? I am lactose intolerant and for me even the *tiniest* amount of milk/cream/butter will set off symptoms exactly like what you are describing. I can't even eat the quote-unquote "lactose-free" yogurts they sell in the supermarket. If I don't eat any dairy AT ALL, many of my symptoms go away. My D still remains, but it is not on the same scale. If you eat a lot of prepared foods, do be sure to read the food labels, because dairy is put into all kinds of foods you might not expect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you are lactose intolerant, and it sounds like you might be, you would need to completely eliminate all dairy (no butter, no cheese, nothing!!!) for at least 3-7 days before you'd be able to tell whether the diet change had an effect. If I have even the tiniest bit of dairy, I will have incredible bloating for the next three days.Of course your symptoms might be related to something else entirely, but eliminating dairy is certainly a relatively easy thing to try. Just remember, it's not just about drinking milk, it's about eating ANY milk product. Read your labels! Best of luck with it...!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.