Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get pain in the left shoulderblade area with their ibs. It is sharp stabs or sick ache. Had scans, ecg etc all clear can ibs refer pain up there

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I do get this pain and have for years. Due to my diagnosed IBS I have had since childhood, my left shoulder blade seems related to either a swollen spleen or the spleen having air in it pushing on my ribs and pain radiates to my shoulder blade, hunger and stomach pain. I have gone to my doctor in these attacks due to the pain and unable to move or function and he has told me my spleen had air into it, but again, I noticed this is also associated with stomach pain, hunger and bowel irritation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am constantly fightling left shoulderblade pain! I also have been diagnosed with IBS & diverticuli after all the testing under the sun.. What hurts on me most of the time is my left side/gut/ribcage/etc... I have had 2 diverticulitis episodes and the last one was a year ago. Since that time I haven't taken any NSAIDS because I read that those can cause a flare. Well, I have been in pain for the entire last year. Not a day has gone by that I don't hurt. It's always the left side.. it always feels super bloated and like a piece of round fruit is sitting in my gut somewhere. I sometimes don't know if I've got a hernia or I'm having muscle bone issues... stretching feels good.. heat and light massage feels good... sitting is uncomfortable... reaching down to the floor in a sitting positing is a very bad idea... and hurts like OMG... but, I also have chronic left shoulderblade irritation. I was once diagnosed with an enlarged spleen (30 years ago) and I have wondered if my spleen is swollen up.. but my last 3 CTScans never mention it, so I'm assuming not? Anyway, your post was interesting and makes me think more... I'm obviously just rambling. :-O

1 - 3 of 3 Posts