Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am having a new symptom. I have been having a pain in my left side right under my rib cage. I have occassional pain in my left side, but it is much lower and definitely colon related. This seems much higher and seems to be stomach related. I am wondering if this is an IBS sypmtom that anyone has or if I have something else going on. I have an appointment to see my GI on thursday, but I am concerned because this isn't a symptom I have ever had before. One more factor that may be playing a part in this is that I stopped taking my Levsin a few weeks ago. I have felt fine since stopping until the pain started in my upper left side. Any ideas?? Anyone had anything like this before?Kim

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Kim, it probably is because you stopped the levsin and some spasming is back. Since there is a lot of refered pain in IBS in the gut its good your having a doctor check you out though as new symptoms should be invesstigated and hopefully he will help you out. Good luck at the doc's and hope your well other wise.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Kim, it probably is because you stopped the levsin and some spasming is back. Since there is a lot of refered pain in IBS in the gut its good your having a doctor check you out though as new symptoms should be invesstigated and hopefully he will help you out. Good luck at the doc's and hope your well other wise.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Stomach pain is more typically central and right up under the rib cage (where the stomach is).The colon goes up the right side, across the top of the abdomen just under the stomach and then bends to come down the left.The bends high on the left and right side of the abdomen seem to be problem spots for many people.Pain high on the right side may be a problem with the gall bladder which is over there. The main thing over by the bend on the left (splenic flexure) is the spleen and I don't know if that is something that commonly causes pain.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Stomach pain is more typically central and right up under the rib cage (where the stomach is).The colon goes up the right side, across the top of the abdomen just under the stomach and then bends to come down the left.The bends high on the left and right side of the abdomen seem to be problem spots for many people.Pain high on the right side may be a problem with the gall bladder which is over there. The main thing over by the bend on the left (splenic flexure) is the spleen and I don't know if that is something that commonly causes pain.K.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You could be having some gallbladder symptoms, or GERD. I have had both, I never that that acid reflux or GERD could cause so much pain. I have been on Levsin for a couple years now, Talk with your doctor, becuase you may be just experiencing some spasms, It seems like with IBS you could have a pain in a different spot every day. Sometimes it feels like my ovaries are going to burst, some days it's my chest, like a heart attack, some days it's my lower back, never a dull moment with IBS.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You could be having some gallbladder symptoms, or GERD. I have had both, I never that that acid reflux or GERD could cause so much pain. I have been on Levsin for a couple years now, Talk with your doctor, becuase you may be just experiencing some spasms, It seems like with IBS you could have a pain in a different spot every day. Sometimes it feels like my ovaries are going to burst, some days it's my chest, like a heart attack, some days it's my lower back, never a dull moment with IBS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.