Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI had to take Picolax and fast for 24 hours to clear me out prior to havinga colonoscopy this week and I noticed that my IBS and fibromyalgia muscle pain was far, far lessand I was wondering if that was because I had nothing inside me i.e. got ridof a lot of toxins this way, or maybe I might be hypogliemic - has anybodyany views on why I would feel a lot less pain after fasting and takingpicolax, would appreciate your comments. I was also wondering wether a low carb diet might benefitKind thoughtsMo

·
Registered
222 Posts
don't have a clear answer for you, but have had the same experience. I have had IBS for over 20 years and in that time had several colonoscopy's. While I don't look forward to them, I do look forward to the fact that after having them, my IBS subsides for a few days. I also have the same experience when I fast for three days (I know that is not healthy but ) So the conclusion I draw is that with no food in the tummy then there is less spasms and therfore less pain.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I don't believe there is such a thing as ***toxins*** in your colon unless you're eating plutonium. Maybe just giving your colon a rest is what helped. I also noticed feeling better on an empty colon but I was misdiagnosed - after ten years of being told I had IBS I'm now diagnosed with lymphocytic colits. Do you only seem to have D? Has a biopsy been done on your colon to check for microscopic colitis? It's okay to fast for three days but not longer and don't do anything to "cleanse your colon" this will only do more harm by getting rid of the good bacteria in your colon and flattening out your villi. The atkin's diet did help me so it might be worth a try. Have you been checked for celiac? Hope this helps.LouLou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.