Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leti--I'm a newcomer to the board, have been reading since I was put on Librax for IBS a week ago. I have mild symptoms and consider myself very fortunate, comparatively speaking.Firstly, I hope you can find relief for your rib pain. (That goes to everyone) I have had a tinge of it from time to time and that is enough!! Secondly, I just wanted to tell you that I used to live in Harlingen (1997-2001) and visited my friends (The Smiths) in Pharr quite often. I've now moved back home to Sweet Home Alabama (as of April) but miss my Saturday shopping sprees in Mexico especially this time of year! *crying uncontrollably*Nothing is more bonding than giving and getting support for IBS but it took a more personal note to get me to actually register and post.Also: DonnaDB--I KNOW your job is stressful! Man-oh-man! How do you do it? My 6 year old son, Sean is moderately autistic. He was diagnosed at age 3, was developing normally and then we started to lose him to himself at around 30 months. Horrific tantrums, know the kind? I can't say that that is when my moderate symptoms of IBS began but his behavior didn't help any! I think the toxic 15 year marriage was the culprit. Ya think? I'm no longer in the marriage (as of april) and Sean and Savannah (age 8 - in the process of being tested for possible asperger's) are doing very well. I think that now that I've had time to focus on ME, I've noticed some health issues that need addressing. Funny (or not) how we can mask (ignore?) our own pain when the ones closest to us need all of our time and energy. Or so it seems.Anyway ladies, just thought I'd say hello. I'll see you here and there.Take care xoPeg

·
Registered
467 Posts
Oh Peg,Now that you're out of that toxic relationship, you will probably feel much better! Spend time with your son but also spend time with yourself. I DO know how hard your life will be attempting to raise an autistic child as a single mother, BUT--YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! And when you feel like you just can't, we'll be here for you! We're really great to talk to. You can e-mail me if you'd like. Good Luck! Donna

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DonnaDB--I hear ya! I already feel better! My children are thriving. I've found that just a simple "YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!" makes all the difference, thank you! I also love to hear *or read* "It will be alright"... very soothing words. Support means everything aside from food, water and metamucil, lol. It is very comforting just knowing that the support is here. I appreciate the email invitation too. I'll see ya around.Thanks xoPeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts