Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm personally into organized religion or whatever, but I've heard that prayer works. Maybe we can use the human collective consciousness to kind of "OM" over this... If we all work together and bring our minds together, and concentrate on healing, perhaps we can create a thread of consciousness that would bind our healing. I say starting today, we all come together to concentrate on a cure for all! Keep thinking about it! Don't stop!Even if you don't beleive in prayer, start praying or meditating on a cure. Maybe something will happen. (What else do you have to freaking lose??!!)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey just.. good for you!!!I have been praying for myself in this way for over 6 months now.. I reached my end of the rope back then.. and decided I needed to be healed.. Daily.. if not more.. my thoughts reach to heaven and my God... I haven't felt this good physically in years... Mind you...I always prayed.. but I had to get specific now.. Prayer works... I am a firm believer in it.. God does answer prayer.. Might not be to ones liking or where, what or how one wants it.. but He does work for our own good.. that I know.. So I will add this site as a group to my prayer list..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry to rain on your parade but the facts don't currently support your beliefs.According to Study highlights difficulty of isolating effect of prayer on patients
quote: The results of a long-awaited scientific study aimed at measuring the effect of third-party prayer for hospitalized patients not only did not match the expectations of those conducting the study, but also may have raised more questions for researchers than it answered. Among them: Can even the most carefully designed trial measure prayer's effects?The Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP), published online March 30 by the American Heart Journal, showed no positive effect from the use of third-party intercessory prayer on behalf of patients undergoing a specific type of heart surgery at six medical centers around the United States when compared with a control group who were not prayed for as part of the study.Another unexpected result: Patients who knew they were being prayed for had somewhat more medical complications than another group who also had received prayer but were uncertain as to whether they had or not. Researchers had expected the reverse outcome.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well you can believe what you wish.. your choice.. just like mine is mine.. To each his own.. I DIDN'T EVEN READ YOUR BLURB.. WHY.. BECAUSE I DON'T NEED TO.. I KNOW WHERE MY STRENGTH COMES FROM.. YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER BEEN IN A ROOM WITH A PRAYER GROUP... AND EXPERIENCED THE POWER OF IT.. I choose to believe ..... And give me a doctor who prays for his patients.. any time.. He knows there is ONE greater then himself that guides him...

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I think whether prayer does something for those praying (in a group or on their own) in that they can have a powerful experience of God is a different issue from how much does random praying people help random sick people being prayed for.After all sometimes the answer to prayers is, "No," and that answer doesn't change the fact that the act of praying can be a powerful experience.K.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Exctly Kathleen..Whatever the answer to pray is.. and it may be no.... It is knowing that whatever the answer is.. they will be able to cope with it simply by their particular belief... Yes is not always the answer... but knowing one who is more powerful and knowing.. knows exactly what HE is doing.. makes it easier to accept.. Doesn't mean it isn't hard to cope.. but as for me.. I take comfort in knowing HE is there for me whenever I need HIM..and whevever I walk... HE is right beside me..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I may not pray much but I do do metitation and simple yoga. Also Duren a attack I will sit in the bathroom and try to recall song lyrics, works really well when im trying to sleep and am in pain. The seceret is to distract your mind

·
Registered
271 Posts
I stongly believe in prayer, when I'm feeling bad I pull out my bible and start reading. Im not going to church like I have regulary been but that is because I dont have enough time. (not a good excuse) I need to make time, and I will as soon as I get some other issues out of my way. I believe in Gods healing power through Jesus Christ. "If you believe it then you will recieve it", "You have to conceive it in your mind before you can receive it" that is some quotes from Joes Osteen, if you have cable watch him on the family channel, he really is an awesome pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston,Texas. Also go pick up his book "Your Best Life Now" it really is an AWESOME book and tells about Joel's Mother and her fight against sickness and how she overcame it through the Love and Grace of Jesus Christ. I think we should all take time out of our day and pray and read the Bible daily. Thanks and God Bless

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
FYI"While she sat at her mother’s bedside, Dr. Esther M. Sternberg started to see the important role that beliefs play in well-being. Now she explores the link between spirituality and health as the director of the Integrative Neural Immune Program and chief of the section on Neuroendocrine Immunology and Behavior at the National Institute of Mental Health and National Institutes of Health. Originally from Canada, Sternberg studied rheumatology at McGill University, practiced medicine in Montreal and taught at Washington University’s school of medicine in St. Louis. Her specialty is emotions and their link to health. Recently she talked with Science & Theology News international editor Chhavi Sachdev about the link between stress, well-being and spirituality."Stress can make you sick, but Dr. Esther Sternberg looks into whether spirituality make you well. http://www.stnews.org/News-1018.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.