Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I have written in to this board- I have been a reader for a long time and the information here is so helpful. It is comforting to know that so many people share this awful condition- at least we aren't alone. Does anyone take Levbid and find that it does not help with IBS d? I am on it twice daily for 12 days and find that my symptoms have not changed- daily attacks of IBS d are continuing. Am recovering from diverticulitis and was on Flagyl(developed an allergy to that one ), Cipro and Clindamycin for two weeks. All stool culture tests for c diff, ova and parasites and other cultures were negative. The GI doc has me on a low residue/low fiber diet for 2-3 months. I do take Primadopholis every day to help get the good bacteria back in balance. I was wondering if it is ok to take immodium along w/ the Levbid. I also stopped my calcium (Caltrate 600) and wonder if it would be ok to resume taking it. Anyone have any related problems or suggestions? I'd appreciate them- the Dr. is so busy and not available most of the time to follow thru with these concerns. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i've never taken levbid, but i used to take immodium every morning and it worked great for me. Have you ever tried just immodium w/o levbid? Now i am taking zoloft, Buspar, and amitryptiline and i don't need the immodium anymore. I guess everyone has a different combo that works for them. You just have to experiment and see what works. Good Luck :love:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been taking the Levbid one before breakfast and one before dinner. My Dr. does not want to change the medicine so I was wondering if it takes a while to really begin working. I have the spasms, diarrhea and pains down into the groin even on the levbid. I did try immodium before taking the Levbid and it didn't help either. It seems that the diverticulitis has really gotten my IBS going due to the strong antibiotics that I took. I have had IBS D for years and have had donnetal, bentyl, combid and lomotil etc. which were not the best help either. Sometimes I resorted to pepto bismol or kaopectate and did as well. This newest bout is the worst ever and it is worrisome because I don't want to stir up another chance of having diverticulitis again any time soon. Anybody relate to this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts