Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam leaving for vacation this Saturday for tw wees. i have to fy fr a lng number of hurs,and I am freaking ut at what willhapenif I get diaharea andsmee is i the bathroom. can smene help me?NDo you think if I load up o immodium before I go I wil be fine?I bught a real god probiotic an a good vitamin suppliment thispast weekend and maybe tht willhep. Please somee hepmethanks in advance

·
Registered
307 Posts
Iam leaving for vacation this Saturday for tw wees. i have to fy fr a lng number of hurs,and I am freaking ut at what willhapenif I get diaharea andsmee is i the bathroom. can smene help me?NDo you think if I load up o immodium before I go I wil be fine?I bught a real god probiotic an a good vitamin suppliment thispast weekend and maybe tht willhep. Please somee hepmethanks in advance
Probiotics may be a bad idea to start with at the same time as the vacation since often the first week the D is worse and then if it works it gets better after that.Some vitamins also give D so be careful on that also.Load up on imodium is my advice, Start the morning the day before preferebly since I noticed that the more days I've been on imodium the greater is the chance of not having severe D the day after.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnk you very much. i hae been using probiotics or a while now. I just got another kind, sothink I wilol be okay with the probiotics. I will be carefu withthe suppoements, and started them yesteday but hae not noticed any difference in my bowes. I will load up on immodium. I never thught abut using the immodium the day before but that is an excellent idea. don't you think I can use immodium allthe time i am over there, even if I use one or two a day?I am so hoping I do no have a time while I go or when I am there.thanks so muchDeeDee

·
Registered
307 Posts
thnk you very much. i hae been using probiotics or a while now. I just got another kind, sothink I wilol be okay with the probiotics. I will be carefu withthe suppoements, and started them yesteday but hae not noticed any difference in my bowes. I will load up on immodium. I never thught abut using the immodium the day before but that is an excellent idea. don't you think I can use immodium allthe time i am over there, even if I use one or two a day?I am so hoping I do no have a time while I go or when I am there.thanks so muchDeeDee
Some people take up to 16 imodium a day each day so 1-2 each day is no problem.Especially during your vacation. Of course you should take it each day.Some people eat imodium daily even when not on vacation. But it is recommended to take atleast 1 day off the imodium each week to not build up a tolerance towards it.I also read here that even if you build up tolerance, it is not permanent. Take a little break and imodium works better again.Once you get home I recommend you to take a look at the calcium supplement guide stickied on this forum. It has helped many and has helped me during the last month also. It is not perfect with it but alot better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.