Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi AprilThe answer about what helps is really individual. I've tried levsin and found it did no good for me. I think others have had success with it. Also diet plays a huge role for some people and a small role for others. One of the first things I realized after coming to this board is that IBS is also different in different people. Some people are D predominant and some C and some get to alternate between the two (me!). Some have only pain (not implying that it isn't severe though). And so on. So it's important to understand this.Read up on different things that have helped people out. Assuming you're IBS D, look into things like calcium, medication, diet and food allergies, hypnotherapy and other stress reduction techniques. There are far better lists out there but this is off the top of my head!so welcome to the board - wish you didn't have to be here, but you'll find a lot of people who will help outnancy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nancy. I'm D predominant and sometimes C. I have a lot of pain and cramping and the medication helps some of the time, but it gives me nausea. I've had the problem for a long time, but only recently been diagnosed. I'm checking out some different things. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yes, I would think it would be good for the pain and cramping since it's an antispasmodic I think. All my doctor told me was that it was for IBS. She was really big on throwing medications at everything. First physical, I came out with three prescriptions, a sample and an offer for prozac. And I wasn't even sick! Of all of those things she gave me, I only stuck with compazine for migraines. Needless to say, I have a new doctor.good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.