Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on Levsin for a few years. But my prescribed dosage instructions don't seem to work well enough for me.

Here's what my bottle states:

Take 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours 15-30 minutes before eating.

My doctor tells me basically the same thing. But my doctor adds an extra dosage before bedtime. My doctor also told me only take them if I plan to eat, and not take them if I feel well.

If I have too much Levsin in my system I get constipated really bad. :( The pain is unbearable. It's like someone squeezing the life out of me from the inside and outside at the same time. :(

The pain only goes away after a long battle of a BM. Which I need to eat/drink gas & diarrhea inducing foods like: chocolate milk, brusel sprouts, broccoli, etc. After I go I feel drained, but at

least I feel somewhat better. Usually I may need a Lomotil (Lonox) to control the diarrhea. One of those is as strong as two Imodiums. I try only to take them as a last resort. The most I ever

take is two, but I can take a max of three a day if needed.

These meds I have IBS covered coming & going. But the pain is always in control. :(

Does anyone else here take these meds?

If so, how do you take them?

How often do you take them?

Do you have a special diet that helps you use them effectively?

What is it?

Thx, :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.