Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I originally posted here a while ago thinking I had IBS-D but was scared of getting diagnosed (somehow, having it be official wouldn't let me be in denial anymore, causing me more anxiety :/). One morning last week, I had D so badly I called my hospital and they saw me on an urgent basis. I was diagnosed with IBS-D. Sad but true. My doctor was really great, and she prescribed me the following: Levsin, Pepcid, Celexa, Zoloft.I have been on Celexa for a few months already, and it hasn't done much for my mood/D. The others I've been on for about a week, and I'm still having bouts of D. Do they just take a while to adapt to my system? Or is Levsin not strong enough? For some reason, I feel like taking Immodium will mess up my digestive track and I don't want to rely on it and have my system become dependant, requiring me to take continally-higher doses, etc. Immodium does work for me, but then about three days later, I have a HUGE uncomfortable BM and the cycle starts over.I've also cut out all caffeine and dairy from my diet, and have switched over to soy products. Sigh.Well I don't really know where I was going with that, but any response/commentary/similar med stories would be great! I'm still coping with being diagnosed and feeling a little more down and isolating than usual. :/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.