Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23,788 Posts
Its a pretty common prescription for IBS and can be benefical for some people for sure.

· Registered
14,050 Posts
Yup I take it from time to time. Only as needed for IBS pain. Works fairly well but can be drying BUUUUUUT! also can firm up loose BM's. So it is a bittersweet type of drug.
It made me loopy when I first began taking it. However over time that loopiness waned. (Or I no longer notice
)BQ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK... thanx Guys... the way she spoke about it, she made it sound as if it were some kind of new breakthrough or something and she didn't think it had been around very long. Apparently it has?

· Banned
987 Posts
Well, if you count it's use dating back to the times when the Belladonna plant was utilized for many an herbal concotion, then I would suppose one could say that it has ven been around for centuries.However, in it's new form, it is rather new because if memory serves me correctly, a new time released version is available?Any way, I take it up to 4 x a day and it worlks fine for me.Kamie

· Registered
51 Posts
Tried it several times but it just didn't do that much for my IBS....35+years/D sufferer....my drug og choice is Donnatol...but don't like the side effects of Belladonna.....but since they took away my Lotronex...what choice jOn in AZ

· Registered
1,478 Posts
I've tried Levsin - it was one of my doctor's automatic response whenever I mentioned IBS. Nothing else just this. Anyway, I found it helped with the spasms for me but nothing for the D attacks. But then I alternate between C and D so maybe that's why. I don't remember feeling loopy or sleepy on it but I remember the dry mouth. Same with Donnatol when I used it years ago. Personally, I gave up on this route, but then the pain was never the big problem for me.good lucknancy

· Registered
1,774 Posts
It worked wonders when I took it for my D. One pill a day and it really gave me my life back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.