Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor wants me to take 5mg of lexapro for my ibs , I have ugly D !! anyone take lexapro for the d?thanks Marylou I also posted this in the antidepressant place..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took the stuff for a while, prescribed by my PCP for my IBS symptoms. I actually felt worse while taking it; besides it not helping with my gizzards, it made me extremely tired and spaced out. I've heard that it has helped a bunch of people though, so I'd say it's worth a try.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took the stuff for a while, prescribed by my PCP for my IBS symptoms. I actually felt worse while taking it; besides it not helping with my gizzards, it made me extremely tired and spaced out. I've heard that it has helped a bunch of people though, so I'd say it's worth a try.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I have been on Lexapro for about 3 yrs. it helped me so much, but after a while I did have a lot of tiredness and no sexual desire so my Dr. had to add Wellbutrin. I don't like taking meds and I wouldn't for years but it has given me my life back. I never have stomach aches or running trips to the bathroom anymore, and this is a miracle to me after 15 yrs. of constant pain and "d" within an hour of eating.I wish there was anther way but this is at least living with the living and not the comode!My best to you, Carol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I have been on Lexapro for about 3 yrs. it helped me so much, but after a while I did have a lot of tiredness and no sexual desire so my Dr. had to add Wellbutrin. I don't like taking meds and I wouldn't for years but it has given me my life back. I never have stomach aches or running trips to the bathroom anymore, and this is a miracle to me after 15 yrs. of constant pain and "d" within an hour of eating.I wish there was anther way but this is at least living with the living and not the comode!My best to you, Carol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I still haven't taken it. I made the mistake of reading a bunch of negative stuff on this web page I found so now I'm afraid to take everything!! Maybe I will get bad enough to take it. ( I hope not) thanks again.Marylou

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I still haven't taken it. I made the mistake of reading a bunch of negative stuff on this web page I found so now I'm afraid to take everything!! Maybe I will get bad enough to take it. ( I hope not) thanks again.Marylou

1 - 7 of 7 Posts