Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody taking this new drug for anxiety or depression? It is like Celexa but is suppose to have less side effects. I have C and am worried that it might make it worse.

G

·
I was really excited about this new med until I began to hear all the feedback on it. I am hearing about a lot of side effects. I had considered taking it as well but am also IBS-C.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am IBS-C also and I have taken Lexapro. I only took it for 1 day thou. I took it at night and woke up really nauseus and my heart felt warm with a wave running threw the rest of my body. I get side effects from medication really easy so I wasn't suprised. I will say that it didn't give me as many side affects that others have but I just couldn't keep up with it. I went to my doctor and he told me to try taking a half a pill for acouple days but I have found that 2 tsp of aloe vera juice gets rid of my IBS problems so I don't know if I am going to try it again or not. But try it and fight threw the early side effects (if any) unless you can't deal with it anymore. Its worth a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.