Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a colonic irrigation done for the first time last night. as soon as i started to explain the the nurse(it was her practice), my problem, she knew. she asked if i was actually leaking, or if the smell was from backed up fecal matter internally causing me only to smell it. i said i was leaking and she knew. there is a group of nerves at the very end of the colon, before the rectum, that send the signals to the brain of whether or not its time to "go". O'Beirne's sphincter. but these nerves can get messed up somehow(she didnt know exactly). they can either give you the feeling you have to go when you dont, or the feeling you dont have to go when you really do. it turns out im feeling like i have to go when i dont.she also said that, if the wrong urge to go is there, the "valve" can get confused and start releasing whatever mucus or liquid thats in there. also, our anal muscles spasm when there is a foreign object inserted. it kind of opens and closes. the nurse said that this spasm can happen when its not supposed to, or all the time even.as far as the irrigation, it didnt go as good as i hoped. it was still good though. a tube pressing against your O'Beirne's sphincter slowly pumps water inside your colon, but measures the pressure there. when the pressure is strong enough, the vacuum turns on and sucks out whatever is there. almost painless except for the normal discomfort ifeel before a bm.she seemed confindent that we'll work out this problem.it might be a good idea for some of you lgers to check out a good colonics clinic.peace

·
Registered
187 Posts
FINALLY!!!! Someone in the medical profession knows something about the "LG problem" I hope she has the answer we have been so desperate to find! Did she say how you would be treated to work out the LG? I am going to talk to my doc about the O'Beirne's sphincter and see what he says. Thank you soooooo much for your post! Please keep in touch & let me know if the colonics are helping - I have been thinking about getting one myself since I cant go #2 on my own!!!!P.S. I am with Joycein, I only leak gas hence the name leaky gas (LG) are you leaking solids or gas????

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Someone in the medical profession knows something about the "LG problem
What makes you think she's in the medical profession?
quote:if the wrong urge to go is there, the "valve" can get confused and start releasing whatever mucus or liquid thats in there.
This is fecal incontinence, which is precisely not what "LG" is. In fact, the fact that "LG" suffers insist they do not experience fecal incontinence supports the notion that LG does not exist because physically, it is not possible to have one without the other.
quote:there is a group of nerves at the very end of the colon, before the rectum, that send the signals to the brain of whether or not its time to "go". O'Beirne's sphincter. but these nerves can get messed up somehow(she didnt know exactly). they can either give you the feeling you have to go when you dont, or the feeling you dont have to go when you really do. it turns out im feeling like i have to go when i dont.
This sounds like an explanation for fecal incontinence but it's being applied to pelvic floor dysfunction, which is a different condition.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
We've been over this before, flux, but I still insist that physically you CAN have one without the other.You can pass gas deliberately - you can pass gas unawares (unconsciously). It doesn't matter how you do it, but the end result is the same. If you have odorous gas, you will get a smell either way. It has no bearing on whether you are incontinent. And I do think that there is substance behind malachi's theory.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But the question is....what did she say we can do about it?i couldnt say what she said exactly. something like "we'll try to get it goin back to normal with the treatment". i dont really know physically how the irrigation is gonna make it go back the way it should be. im just hoping to speed up my colon cleansing, so that if i cant get rid of the "leak", i can at least eat a diet that doesnt feed odor causing bacteria.and also its not as bad as we think. we've built it up a lot in our minds, we expect it to be bad, the people we see everyday expect it to be bad, so it is. i had passed gas just before going into the room for the irrigation. when i was laying on the table with her face right next to my rear, she said everything was odor free. and this might get me in trouble with the board police, but flux you're just a plain wanker. i think the fact that shes a certified nurse, and has a license to stick tubes in people's bums puts her in the medical profession. how are you, someone without this problem and only with knowledge of american medicine, going to tell us what it is. and furthermore, "real" doctors are wankers. theyre trained to diagnose, then prescribe or do surgery. and youve gotta be evil or working for somebody evil cuz your sig is just worng and...evil
. typing this is upsetting my peace bubble
, i love you flux.onto the colonics. i dont know if it did anything much. my bms are a lot bigger now. but you cant get everything out in one visit. also, i was drunk and high, and that is supposedly a no no(which i only found out after i got there). the woman wont be available until after new years, so im going back next week to the same office, different nurse. the other nurse doesnt use suction, but just pumps warm water and you go to the bathroom. ill see, ill report back if flux doesnt get the forces of evil to silence me
. peace, love, and colloidal silver for all

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But the question is....what did she say we can do about it?i dont remember exactly. something like "we'll see if the treatment will help it". i dont know how it physically could, but i just want to get my intestines cleaned out. the irrigation was alright, nothing spectacular. i was loving it, but she stopped before i wanted to(grrr) beacuse she gauges how its goin by the goosebumps on your rear. the first visit is only supposed to be a start. my bms are alot bigger now, thats about all i realize.flux:to me, the fact that shes a certified nurse, and has a license to stick tubes in people's bums places her in the medical profession. and how can you, someone who doesnt have this problem, tell us what it is. your knowledge is irrelevent to most of us on this board. if american medicine had anything for us, we wouldnt be on this board. "real" doctors are wankers, for the most part. they are trained to diagnose, then prescribe or operate. colloidal silver and (real)homeopathy have worked great for me(i shoot colloidal silver up my nose). and fluoride is a nazi style mind control conspiracy. why doesnt 99% of the world use it?im going back into next week to a different nurse at the same office, because the one that did it last time isnt available until january. there wont be any suction this time, just warm water. ill see how it goes, and report back(if flux and the forces of evil dont silence me
).peace, love, and colloidal silver for all. fluoride makes you submit, among other things.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I still insist that physically you CAN have one without the other.
So how does it work? How is it possible for an unconscious (meaning uncontrollable) unsealed opening to leak gas, but never stool?
quote:i think the fact that shes a certified nurse, and has a license to stick tubes in people's bums puts her in the medical profession
She's not in the medical profession I know.
quote:knowledge of american medicine
What does medicine have to with a country?
quote:but you cant get everything out in one visit.
Any colonic prep would do that.
quote:colloidal silver for all
Do you want everyone to turn blue?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I like feeding trolls, IBS. Ok, for you I'll just hold back, hurt as it may.Malachi, I was chuckling about your post on the way to the gym this morning. You have a way with words. I'll B Snookered gives me a good laugh too.Hey, flux, I love you too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Your right Joycein we should be nice & try to stay focused on the REASON we are here & that is to try to find a solution to our ailments instead of trying to argue a point with someone who thinks we are all idiots & hypochondriacs!
Malachi- I am the just opposite of you. I will go to the loo just to pee but then I actually have to poo too without having the urge. Its like it is just sitting in there chillin'! Weird, I know!
I think my nerves in there are all screwed up anyway from being constipated for soooo long. I am thinking about having a colonic done to get some of this #### concrete out of there!!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
howdy, its been a while. i never had the second colonic done, but a third done a week ago with the orginal nurse. she has worked in "the medical profession" doing endoscopies and colonoscopies. i'd been eating horribly in the days prior, so it mostly cleaned out recent food. but it did get rid of a lot. you have to realize that the only way to get rid of this problem is a lifestyle change. your diet, exercise routines, and thought patterns have to drastically change.im still working on it, but my solution is only gonna work for me. everybody has to find out whats right for them. let us help each other get rid of this problem and come back to society with knowledge everybody can benefit from.peace

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.