Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just found this bbs and found alot of good information and advice. I was just wondering if anyone out there was on a Librax & Lomotil combination, and it was working out for them as far as IBS, but found something better. I have been on this combination for over 4 years now, and it seems to work, but has quite a few side effects that I don't really like.I think I have had IBS ever since 4th grade (at least that's as far as I can remember having the problem), but I wasn't diagnosed with it until about 4 years ago. As far back as I can remember, just the bus ride to school and sitting through classes was total hell to me, then college was worse. After getting a job and having to go on business trips and such, I decided it was time to figure out what was wrong with me. So my doctor told me I had a spastic colon and gave me the meds I'm on now. They help, although every once in awhile I get pains, but at least they're half-way controllable. I finally realized part of it was from stress and winter! So I found a new job and moved to Florida, since then I have been much better, and just take one Librax every morning and maybe a Lomotil also if I know things are going to be going on that day (like meetings & going out to eat). But when I have to take a Lomotil, I walk around like a zombie and can't think straight. Unfortantly, I have found that alcohol is the best medicine for this problem, but I can't down a shot of liquor or a beer before going to work or on lunch. Like I said though, the combination I'm on now seems to work fine as far as the problem is concerned, and since I feel I have no choice, I just stick with it and deal with the side effects.Scott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.