Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again... I had my meds switched on me yet again. Now I am on bentyl. Im just wondering who takes it or librax and which one you all think works better. I am also in Reglan and donnatol, but I dont use them as much, only as needed so they say... thanks Oma

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've used all three, Librax, Bentyl, and Donnatol.From what I've heard, it's basis is mostly decided by what works best for the patient. As in, if Librax isn't working, they'll try Bentyl, and vice versa.Did you say you're taking more than one of the three at once? I don't believe you're supposed to do that, but if the doc said to don't listen to me. I just know when I made the change, I was told to completely stop taking one before I started the other. The ingredients for all three are similar.Personally, I use Chlordiazepoxide/Clidinium caps, or the former Librax. Now Librax is methscopolamine and clidinium. The methscopolamine made my situation worse. That stinks, too, because I just love the flower it comes from.Basically, take what your body responds best to. Good Luck.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Some people find I believe that hyoscyamine can work better then Librax or Bentyl.http://www.gicare.com/pated/hyoscyamine.htmBentyl in quite a few people can work then stop working for them. There is a reason for this, but I can't remeber why at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Naw, I stopped the librax because it just upset my stomach more. Now I just take the bentyl and reglan. And I only use the Donnatol when I feel like I need it. On bad days I will take the donnatol. Thanks for taking the time to answer me... I hope and wish you the best of luck through this as well. Take careOma

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hyoscamine was great. Besides having to drink like 72 gallons of water a day to fend off the dehydration
. But then again, most IBS meds tend to dry people out.Bentyl can stop working, but so can any med. I wouldn't make that a prime concern.If the problems mentioned with Librax happened after Jan 05, you could always try the chlor/clid. caps I mentioned above. The "new Librax" really did a work on my guts when they made the switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.