Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done reading a post on another IBS BB. The person, who lives in Florida, said she was told by her pharmacist that the manufacturer of Librax has completely stopped manufacturing it. She made several other calls, even to the company itself(who did not reply back to her). Has anyone else had trouble getting their prescription filled or heard of this halt of manufacturing? May not hurt to check with your local pharmacy and see if they have Librax, or have heard of this company ceasing to manufacture it.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yikes!!! Really???? Now this could put a crimp in my style. You know if these drug companies keep this kinda stuff up, <if this turns out to be actually true> I'm gonna get a complex. First Lotronex & now I won't be able to get Librax??????? Gosh I hope somebody can say this ain't so, please, somebody ?????
With sugar on top????
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yikes!!! Really???? Now this could put a crimp in my style. You know if these drug companies keep this kinda stuff up, <if this turns out to be actually true> I'm gonna get a complex. First Lotronex & now I won't be able to get Librax??????? Gosh I hope somebody can say this ain't so, please, somebody ?????
With sugar on top????
BQ

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BQ- Went back to get details from that post for you and others.Manufacturer is ICN. The poster had emailed them, and received no reply. She checked a national mail order drug store and they had none in stock and didn't know if/when they would. She checked with the district office of Excerd--they checked pharmacies in the area--out of the 35 stores in that area, not one had Librax. The assistant to the district manager emailed ICN, and also received no reply. Two pharmacists told her that they had been told by their wholesalers, that indeed, ICN had stopped production of Librax.I wonder, if this is true, why the company would stop manufacuring it. Not enough $ to be made? I wonder if she checked into the generics--if that is affected by this too? I don't use it regularly, but I know a lot of people depend on it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BQ- Went back to get details from that post for you and others.Manufacturer is ICN. The poster had emailed them, and received no reply. She checked a national mail order drug store and they had none in stock and didn't know if/when they would. She checked with the district office of Excerd--they checked pharmacies in the area--out of the 35 stores in that area, not one had Librax. The assistant to the district manager emailed ICN, and also received no reply. Two pharmacists told her that they had been told by their wholesalers, that indeed, ICN had stopped production of Librax.I wonder, if this is true, why the company would stop manufacuring it. Not enough $ to be made? I wonder if she checked into the generics--if that is affected by this too? I don't use it regularly, but I know a lot of people depend on it.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jeez Katy
I'm wondering if they are the only manufacturer. Do you know how we could find this out? BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jeez Katy
I'm wondering if they are the only manufacturer. Do you know how we could find this out? BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Katy I just tried to get info from http://www.drugchecker.com and that site is saying "There is no information currently available." This can't be good.....BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Katy I just tried to get info from http://www.drugchecker.com and that site is saying "There is no information currently available." This can't be good.....BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
The rxList site says they were "exclusive developments of Roche research". I wonder if Roche manufacturers it and if so are they still going to be producing it? BQ

·
Registered
221 Posts
BQ,I went to the link that you supplied, and typed in the generic form of Librax that I use, Clidinium. There was an info button that came up for that but not for Librax. I take this medication on a regular as needed basis, and have for years. I don't know what I will do should they take it away
Donna -----

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
The rxList site says they were "exclusive developments of Roche research". I wonder if Roche manufacturers it and if so are they still going to be producing it? BQ

·
Registered
221 Posts
BQ,I went to the link that you supplied, and typed in the generic form of Librax that I use, Clidinium. There was an info button that came up for that but not for Librax. I take this medication on a regular as needed basis, and have for years. I don't know what I will do should they take it away
Donna -----

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Donna, I'll join ya

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Donna, I'll join ya

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Thanks Donna Boy I hope it is just that manufacturer that was mentioned above and that others are making it....and selling it....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.