Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, finally got prescribed something that MIGHT help. A huge might given my experiences. Anyway. It is antispasmodic and antianxiety in one or something like that (look it up online). I have to say, I was less stressed. When people came around me I didn't feel my stomach flip flop as I normally did. I've gone to doctors before and they thought I was overexaggerating. I would just say I have too much gas and that it was bothering me. I guess it was my fault for generalizing, mostly out of embarrassment at even broaching the subject. But this time I decided to be blunt. They blew my mind by doing an xray. I told them that I feel the gas moving in my stomach all the time. I feel like I have to fart all the time. I feel like I am holding in high pressure farts all the time. And I said this is especially uncomfortable and stressful in social situations, trying to hold in high pressure gas all the time. I guess that warranted some actual effing help. After all these years of being treated like a nutcase with imaginary issues.Anyway, the pressure was really down and way easier to manage. I still have the habit of squeezing my sphincter to keep from farting though. Too afraid to stop that. But I must say, the first day on the med really helped. I squeeze my sphincter shut a lot when I'm around others just out of fear of gas escaping. This actually causes gas too, I know. (catch 22's on top of catch 22's dealing with this) When others are not around, I still usually have high pressure gas tyring to get out, even after going to the toilet. Yesterday, after taking this med, when I was alone I swear I felt no gas trying to storm the gates.For what it's worth.I hope it continues to work for me and maybe it'll help someone else. Geesh.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts