Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and have been suffering for abot 15 years with IBS-D, I am trying Librax and am wondering if anyone has any feelings on it? My doctor also wants me to try to clean myself out with anti-biotics and then start probiotics. Has anyone had any success with this?

·
Registered
266 Posts
My GI doctor is all for probiotics (and omega 3 fatty acid - fish oil). I have been taking a probiotics for some time now. It is certainly worth a try in your case. The worst that can happen is they will do nothing. They are not harmful. There is an inexpensive probiotice on the market sold under the name Digestive Advantage. That's what I'm taking now. I started with a more expensive one that I could only get on-line (Align) but I don't think it was any better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can try the Librax-Its better than nothing but I haven't had much luck with it,Everyone is different,.It is also getting very hard to obtain with our new health plan ,for some reason. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I am currently trying digestive advantage and calcium.We'll see!Best of Luck Justine! Lynn

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I actually have had good luck with Librax. I don't get the after effect that I used to get with Bentyl; Bentyl made me feel extremely out of it, headachy. I use the Librax for the cramping when I'm having a flareup or as a preventative when I'm going out along with Imodium. I'm on an antidepressant that has helped greatly. I hope you find success with whatever you end up using. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!!! There is a lot out there to try!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.