Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people.Just thought id type a little something here.I just sat here, and for the best part of an hour, I have read a lot of posts. the thing I find most odd, is the fact that there are so many symptoms to this "IBS" my personal symptoms are, pain in middle left and right of abdomen, especially the right, all the time, headaches, dizziness, panic attacks, a feeling like my chest is going to collapse, heavy nausea, real bad nausea infect, never actually been sick though, but most of the time I feel like it.You know the funny thing here, I was starting of to do a piece on others, and look at me, all about myself�..I sometimes wonder if the term �IBS� was thrown together, in a hospital one day, as they cant figure out exactly what it is, yes, they have a clue, a rough idea, but what is it, why the incredible variation of symptoms, why the amount of people getting this, on a daily basis, is it life, is it just a plain fact of life, is it stress? Is it bad eating?Is it alcohol related? Are we being made ill by aliens???One thing for sure, I wish I knew. I don�t know about you people, but im 29, married to a great woman, 2 beautiful boys 8 &10, I lead what I consider a normal life! So why me? Why us? Simple truth is, all we have is why? How? Because? etc.etc.etc�.only questions, little to help us through��Well that�s a lie��we have each other�You are not alone

·
Registered
18 Posts
I myself have a constant case of the Why's. I often wonder what I have done to make myself this way. But your right, we all have each other, and hopefully the support of family, friends, and loved ones. I'm just glad I found this Board, because honestly no one else understood. Gina

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i think the alien theory has some merit
one of things that surprised me when I came to this board were the differences in people's symptoms. I assumed everyone with IBS was like me - C and D, or at least the D part based on a couple of friends with it also. Biy, have I learned. I think also when they figure this out, they'll find it's a bunch of similar but different disorders. That's why what works for one person here, might not work for another.I rarely ask why me though. I figure lots of people have health problems and as far as health problems go, this one isn't too bad at least for me. I have a friend with diabetes (wears an insulin pump), high blood pressure, ADD and clinical depression. So I know I've got it better than her at least. I also know that I'm lucky with my IBS because that cold be worse for me too. And mostly, I know I'm lucky to find this site and get the help I've gottennancy

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Shaun, I'm a little bit like Nancy. I get frustrated something awful but I don't really ask why me or why US.My brand spankey new husband of one year and I are going through a jackpot of somesort of hell dealing with the internal organs.I now hesitate to call what either one of us has IB anything because there are just so many variables even though actual IBS was written on my medical chart back in the sprng.As for my husband well, he's in pre cancer land right now after having a bloody bowel episode.Well ya know, bleeding from the rectum looks kind of irritable to me but then who knows what category he REALLY falls into.So we hang out with the IBS crowd because at least we do have eachother and when the wagons pony up for the night we can sit around the campfire and trade disaster stories and trouble shoot.My husband and I just spent our 1st anniversary in the hospital doing an intense hospital prep for his colonoscopy.Yea! What fun.We had dinner together that night.He had a couple of bottles of Fleet and, well, I nursed a drink of water and water straight up.If we have asked "why" I'm thinking it has been more in the context of troubleshooting, like WHY is his bowel pouring out blood. Or with me, Why am I having to go to the ER so much for tachycardia .With the Why of Why Us I think Mr.Kamie and Mrs.Kamie have figured much of that out.Sometimes...It's just the way life turns out. It's not a punishment and it's not because we aren't aware and not because we're not minding our health P's and Q's and it's not because we have some past life bad Karma to pay for and it's not a result of negative thinking or subconscious repressed anger at our parents or our siblings.It's the way our bodies came into this worldmaking us suseptable to certain things and triggers and maybe even the individual personal "time" coding of genetic issues.So for us, the Why of WHY us is simple.It's just the way life happens sometimes and both my husband and I are so glad that at very least we do have eachother too and that at very least we have been lucky enough in this life time to know and experience love and happiness and an intense closeness and bonding we have between us.And it's the good things, the very good things we have that make us sit back and say at the end of a particulary trying day that the moments we have of our togetherness are so very good and wonderful that indeed we are a very lucky couple.Celebrate the good moments.Life is an ever changing event.But it is the gift of love that makes all elsesimply a bump on the road of life.Love your wife and kids and Celebrate the good.oh yeh, and bring her and the kids to the campfire on story night.Hugs, Kamie P.S. and on that alien thing....gotta watch out for those little trouble makers.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wouldn't it be wonderful if doctors actually gave a #### and tried to help you. They came up with IBS or my personal fav, "spastic colon" b/c they don't know what the hell is wrong with you. Wouldn't it be great as well, if they gave you the right medication for the right problem and didn't tell you its all in your head. I would love for anyone of them to live one day in my shoes. Its not fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.