Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't give up! You can get through this! Having to go through hard times like you have, and we all have, makes you stronger. I'm 15 and I've also been out of school for about 3 months on and off this fall. I go to a boarding school far away from home and they just aren't up to dealing with a chronic illness kid. I've been home this time since before halloween and I might get to go back next Saturday. It sucks to have to miss out on so many activities and things with my friends, but I'm getting used to it. The school I had been going to is very outdoorsy/athletic, and like you, when I excercise I double over in pain. I'm worried that when I go back I won't be able to do the sports and hiking and they'll make me leave again. I agree that parents and other people who don't have IBS just think we're lazy and want us to act normal, they don't understand. Other people can be empathetic but they can't truly undestand unless they've been there and had IBS. That is why this group is good, everyone HAS been there, and knows how hard it is. Have you tried taking any medicine or anything to help with your symptoms? Have you had tests to diagnose your IBS? Good luck! and don't give in to your IBS!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.