Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is "catbootz", and I am a fourteen year old girl recently "diagnosed" with IBS.Perhaps I should start from the beginning. I've been very depressed most of my life, until last year. I worked so hard to get my life in place, and I was considerably happy for perhaps the first time. Actually, its a little stupid to continue, because all of you have probably experienced this, or something similar before. (stupid doctors, pain, bloating, exhaustion, etc.) I've dealt with this the past 4 monthes having no idea what it was. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and realised the description was me exactly, to the last symptom. We told the doctors, and they agree. (I can assure you, I was quite annoyed that I was ahead of the doctors, after 4 monthes of them doing nothing, and 1 day of myself doing research.)I don't want to seem like I'm giving up, but this is gone on too long only to find I'm going to have to live with it. This is not a life. I'm tired of being to sick to move, and everyone thinking "Oh, she's just so laaaazy!" or not being able to have any social life, because I've missed 3 monthes of school. I've always had trouble fitting in, being quite mature for my age; as some would say.My parents are no help. They just get annoyed with my "chronic" complaining about the pain, and my bored attempt at living. I used to try my hardest, to go to school, do my homework, and to truly enjoy my love of running, just like I used to. But if I try to run now, I commonly have to double over in pain and/or vomit whatever I've eaten in the past 6 hours. I've given all that up completely by now, but they still expect me to act "normal" around everyone, and act like (for example) going for a 2 hour drive is no big deal. I tell them it's hell, and they say I'm just wallowing in my pain.I feel like my life is worthless. If I can't enjoy life, to truly live like the rest, what is the point at all?I feel like I've been through death already, so quickening the process shouldn't be that painful.It was pretty desperate, but I decided to post here. I hope it is worth it.Sincerely,Another Faceless Drone

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.