Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is LG real? That may sound like an absurd question to a lot of people on this board but I really wonder it's validity. So many people on this board seem very paranoid and afraid about how they smell. I am not dismissing how anyone feels. I have total compassion. But I really think that question is something to ponder. I was like a lot of people on here until I took some time out to put things in perspective. A lot of times when I was so scared and disgusted with myself I would overhear a bit of a conversation about smell or my name or something and automatically think that they were talking about me. People have better things to do then to totally focus on you and talk about you all the time. Everyone has their own problems and for the most part they are focused on themselves. I just remember nights that I would cry myself to sleep. I remember nights when I was so convinced that everyone all day was talking and thinking about how bad I smell. I remember not being able to lift my head up because I was so ashamed of myself. I kind of feel like I just woke up one day and was sick and tired of not living. I am not claiming to be cured or that I have all the answers, but I do know that I feel so much better about myself. Sometimes I do stink like ****. I'm aware of this and it sucks. But it does not diminish my worth as a person. And the less I focus on stuff like that, honestly the better I feel and the less symptoms I have. I don't know if this will help anyone. You don't have to post back and tell me what it's like for you or say that I don't understand. There are very few people that could understand more then I do. Please, I'm telling you that more then likely it is not as bad as you have become convinced it is.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.