Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that might sound a little odd...I don't know. But I find whenever I get indigestion (incidentally very common since diagnosis some years ago), it always makes my IBS play up either that or the next day. I also get very bad trapped wind more often. Again, don't know if it is related but those three things seem to be strongly interlinked somehow and I was hoping someone could help me work it out.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
There is a condition called functional dyspepsia which is more common in IBSers.It is another functional disorder."What is dyspepsia? Dyspepsia (or, as it frequently is referred to by physicians, non-ulcer dyspepsia) is one of the most common ailments of the bowel (intestines), affecting an estimated 20% of persons in the US. Perhaps only 10% of those affected actually seek medical attention for their dyspepsia. Dyspepsia is not a particularly good term for the ailment since it implies that there is "dyspepsia" or abnormal digestion of food, and this most probably is not the case. In fact, another common name for dyspepsia is indigestion, which, for the same reason, is no better than the term dyspepsia!"http://www.medicinenet.com/dyspepsia/article.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.