Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of those, "Is this only me?" posts...Between Mebeverine and diet regulation, I'm fairly well controlled most of the time, but get the odd flare up due to stress. My other half spotted an interesting correlation this morning. I often get a flare up after suffering back problems (lower back round L4/5). I can't imagine a direct muscular connection, as we're talking striated and smooth muscle, but am wondering if there may be a connection.Has anyone else noticed a correlation, or is it just that having a bad back stresses me and sends me reaching for the gameboy charger as a result?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I also have back problems. I have been going to see a chiroprctor and he said that place where my back is out is where there the nerves to the stomach come from. I tend to believe this as by him putting my back in place greatly helps my stomach issues. As soon as i feel my back starting to hurt again i get a bad stomach flare up. I don't beleive its the only thing affecting my stomach but i do beleive it is part of the problem.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I also have back problems. I have been going to see a chiroprctor and he said that place where my back is out is where there the nerves to the stomach come from. I tend to believe this as by him putting my back in place greatly helps my stomach issues. As soon as i feel my back starting to hurt again i get a bad stomach flare up. I don't beleive its the only thing affecting my stomach but i do beleive it is part of the problem.

G

·
i've wondered about this too and my back has felt "shortened" during all of this. and it hurt to high heaven in the mornings. but i thought maybe the ibs was causing the back stuff.what si the difference between osteopath and chiro? i do NOT want to see a chiro as i think they are quacks and plus my insurance won't pay for it which tells you something right there. is an osteopath a real doctor?

G

·
i've wondered about this too and my back has felt "shortened" during all of this. and it hurt to high heaven in the mornings. but i thought maybe the ibs was causing the back stuff.what si the difference between osteopath and chiro? i do NOT want to see a chiro as i think they are quacks and plus my insurance won't pay for it which tells you something right there. is an osteopath a real doctor?

·
Registered
617 Posts
yes and osteopath is a real doctor! He can do the same thing a Chiropractor does. And MANY MANY health plans do cover Chiropractic so I wouldn't say that just because yours doesn't , doesn't mean a thing!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
yes and osteopath is a real doctor! He can do the same thing a Chiropractor does. And MANY MANY health plans do cover Chiropractic so I wouldn't say that just because yours doesn't , doesn't mean a thing!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
fOLKS,HERE THE ANSWER,YOU HAVE A FORM OF CONSTIPATION AND EVERYTHING AROUND IT WILL PAY THE PRICE FOR THIS ALTERED MOTILITY.MY BACK HAVE BLOCKED 3 WEEKS AGO AND I RECOVER FROM IT.TAKE IT SERIOUSLY,I FELT LIKE AN DISCAL HERNIA OR SOMETHING.HORRIBLE.SINCE I USE NALTREXONE MY C IS "UNDER CONTROL" BUT I HAVE SIDE EFFECTS,ESPECIALLY BAD GAS.ONE ADVICE,CURE YOUR C AND THE BACK PAIN WILL DISAPEAR.ALSO,DOCS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
fOLKS,HERE THE ANSWER,YOU HAVE A FORM OF CONSTIPATION AND EVERYTHING AROUND IT WILL PAY THE PRICE FOR THIS ALTERED MOTILITY.MY BACK HAVE BLOCKED 3 WEEKS AGO AND I RECOVER FROM IT.TAKE IT SERIOUSLY,I FELT LIKE AN DISCAL HERNIA OR SOMETHING.HORRIBLE.SINCE I USE NALTREXONE MY C IS "UNDER CONTROL" BUT I HAVE SIDE EFFECTS,ESPECIALLY BAD GAS.ONE ADVICE,CURE YOUR C AND THE BACK PAIN WILL DISAPEAR.ALSO,DOCS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
quote: what is the difference between osteopath and chiro? ... is an osteopath a real doctor?
There's a significant difference between an osteopath and a chiro both in terms of education and what each is licensed to do. An osteopath (DO) has the equivalnet education and experience of a medical doctor (MD). Each of them are licensed to diagnose and treat disease, prescribe medications and treatments, choose specialties, and perform surgeries. DOs take a more holistic approach to fighting illness that encompasses the patient's entire well-being - both physical and mental.Osteopathy, much like chiropractic, focuses on structural and mechanical problems of the body as a primary source of illness but Chiroprpactors have significantly less education and are limited in what they are licensed to do. Unlike MDs and DOs, I don't think they are licensed to diagnose disease, prescribe medications, or perform surgeries. They are limited pretty much to what are called subluxations (manipulations) of the back and selling dietary suppplements.

·
Registered
461 Posts
quote: what is the difference between osteopath and chiro? ... is an osteopath a real doctor?
There's a significant difference between an osteopath and a chiro both in terms of education and what each is licensed to do. An osteopath (DO) has the equivalnet education and experience of a medical doctor (MD). Each of them are licensed to diagnose and treat disease, prescribe medications and treatments, choose specialties, and perform surgeries. DOs take a more holistic approach to fighting illness that encompasses the patient's entire well-being - both physical and mental.Osteopathy, much like chiropractic, focuses on structural and mechanical problems of the body as a primary source of illness but Chiroprpactors have significantly less education and are limited in what they are licensed to do. Unlike MDs and DOs, I don't think they are licensed to diagnose disease, prescribe medications, or perform surgeries. They are limited pretty much to what are called subluxations (manipulations) of the back and selling dietary suppplements.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.