Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had never before experienced symptoms of IBS until a few months after a car accident. I know that in my case the car accident and the stress that came as a result of it were the catalyst for this chronic illness. It has affected my quality of life tremendously, as I am sure many of you can relate.
My lawyer has said that it would be difficult to have this condition recognized in the court house setting without having articles directly relating the two, which I have found a small amount of litterature from highly regarded medical organizations. To ensure I am thoroughly doing my due diligence I am hoping to find information that is based in the legal system that has linked the two.

Does anyone have advice for refining my search to find legal information linking the two, or any personal accounts of having IBS recognized as pain and suffering caused by car accident trauma?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Firstly I would suggest that as most doctors still think ibs is being caused by stress and car accidents can be pretty traumatic I would say that's a good start. I'm ready sure there is research linking PTSD with ibs.

I don't how the accident affected you physically at the time, but maybe look into how damaging the vagus nerve may have an affect, also there is some evidence that some chiropractic manauverers have helped relieve ibs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts