Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some useful links. The URL is: http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/wh-fraud.html U. S. Food and Drug AdministrationCenter for Food Safety and Applied NutritionProtecting Yourself Against Health FraudInformation on Food and Nutrition from FDA Claims That Can be Made for Conventional Foods and Dietary Supplements March 2001 Dietary Supplements Fake Food Fight (economic adulteration of food) March-April 1999 'Miracle' Health Claims: Add a Dose of Skepticism (FDA, FTC) September 2001 Other Information from FDAAgencies Team Up in War Against Internet Health Fraud September-October 2001 An FDA Guide to Choosing Medical Treatments June 1995 Buying Medicines and Medical Products Online FDA/State AIDS Health Fraud Task Forces June 2001 Health Information On-Line January 1998 How to Spot Health Fraud November-December 1999 Reporting Unlawful Sales of Foods/Drugs/Supplements/Cosmetics on the Internet --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Information from Other Federal Government AgenciesAdministration on Aging Anti-Fraud and Abuse Activities Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), formerly the Health Care Financing Administration Fighting Fraud & Abuse Department of Health and Human Services HealthfinderFraud Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General Special Fraud Alerts, Medicare Advisory Bulletins and Special Advisory Bulletins Federal Trade Commission Alternative Medicines Consumer Complaint Form Cybershopping June 1996 Diet, Health and Fitness Publications Infomercials August 1996 "Operation Cure.all" Targets Internet Health Fraud June 1999 Telemarketing Avoiding the Muscle Hustle: Tips for Buying Exercise Equipment Virtual Health "Treatments" National Institute on Aging Health Quackery 1994 National Library of MedicineHealth Fraud (MEDLINEplus) United States Postal Inspection Service Characteristics of Telemarketing Fraud Schemes Fraudulent Health and Medical Products --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Women's Health --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Foods Home | FDA Home | Search/Subject Index | Disclaimers & Privacy Policy | Accessibility/Help Hypertext updated by dms/cjm/ear/bap 2002-JAN-16

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Thanks Jean for the information ...There is company's out there that will take your money...I am so glad that my insurance investigates all the procedures I go through to make sure they are for real !!! before I have them done...I have to get pre-approved for all my testing and they check every thing out first ...I am glad of that because there is people that wants to make a buck or two...and Untied Healthcare is on top on them....I have no testing done that my insurance dont know about....As strick as they are today about testing they check every avenue...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.