Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back for another update. Three months of freedom!I cannot believe what I am able to do with my life right now. Shopping is the first strange thing. I bought salad dressing for the first time in my life yesterday.Guess what I am doing next month?! I am taking a trip to Mexico! And I know that this trip will have no medical problems and I will actually be able to try their food. When I was 17 I went to Las Vegas and California and I felt ill the whole 10 days. I am so looking forward to my trip, not one worry. The only thing I will be careful with is alcohol. I don't think I should test my stomach with too much of that.Another wonderful thing has happened. I am getting a job at a saw mill, which pays more than other jobs in my small town. This is fascinating for a few reasons. The first is because I used to be allergic to dust and sawdust and ceadar, but I now appear to have no problem. I am prepared to have to give up the job if the problem does arise. This will also be a big step because manual labour used to make me ill -- I suffered from exercise induced headaches and migraines. Another difference will be I can work an eight hour a day job again easier because I will be able to pack a sufficient lunch that will give me enegry and fill me up instead of being boring. No more dizy spells at work.I will let you know how the trip and the job go.Further good news is that I am able to stand a little more citrus. Maybe I will eventually be able to have pure orange juice.I can give one piece of bad news. I have gained so much weight. It has not bothered me, but I would like to lose some before I go to Mexico. I have decided that it should be simple if I just cut out those new big bacon and ham and egg breakfasts I have been discovering. The chocolate -- I will never give that up, I have years of its absence to make up for!!You are all in my prayers,Yours truly,Lin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Odeal, you can read about Linme's story in her post way back around Feb 11 titled something like "I never thought I'd be saying this". I think that is what it is called anyway.Linme, congratulations on your good health. I just went back and re-read you previous posts and I would like you to know that I believe you! God works in mysterious ways.Hope you have a great time on our trip to Mexico!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lin. I just wanted you to know that work has always given me a headache, too. But I am fairly certain it was not the work but my boss who made me feel ill
VAYA CON DIOS!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou for keeping us posted on your "New" life. I admire and envy you, and wish you a wonderful holiday in Mexico.
take care Jenni

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be really careful of what you eat/drink there!No fruit, no ice cubes! I lived on Corona beer and Mexican pizza the whole time I was there and I was the only one who DIDN'T get sick! Saving grace-- can get Lomotil there dirt cheap without a prescription! Have a great time--they have the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen!------------------"Do not go gentle into that good night"

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
What fantastic news! It's so nice to hear about someone doing so well. Enjoy Mexico!Ty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Linme--Fabulash! I can feel the excitement just dripping off your message. So happy to hear you in such good spirits.One word of caution about Mexico: as someone already mentioned, please be careful with what you eat/drink. No vegetables or fruits that you don't peel--like no lettuce, grapes, etc. Don't drink the water, even shower water by mistake. And icecubes, I didn't think of that. There are lots of tempting treats served on the street in Mexico--Tacos Arabes, those cornmeal cakes served in husks, fruit ices--I would stay away from them all, as they carry the microbes that cause Montezuma's Revenge.After one day in Mexico my gut started freaking out, and it hasn't been the same since. (That was ten years ago.)Don't want to be a wet blanket (serape), but don't want to see you get sick again!Congratulations and have a great time!Where are you going?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.