Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are some medications like painkillers that lower the effectiveness of the COVID Vaccine. Has anyone heard if Linzess is among those drugs? I asked my doctor and he hadn't heard one way or the other. I'm on Linzess and Pantoprazole and I'm trying to decide whether I should skip for a while before and after I get my vaccine.

·
Community Manager
13,198 Posts
you could ask a pharmacist about this or else contact the manufacturer of linzess and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been using Linzess as a prescription drug for years since I have a lot of problems with my bowel, especially irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. However, medical experts explain that there's little reason to worry about your medications from what I've heard. A few medicines might dampen vaccine effectiveness, but I'm pretty sure Linzess isn't one of them. If the drug you're taking does have this kind of effect on the vaccine, you should consider taking niclosamide since it cancels this out. You can purchase it from niclosam.com at an excellent price!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts