Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a post about about Colpermin in the constipation/drug forum.*Alternative to Zelnorm*I gave Colpermin a second trial after 6 years and let me tell you,it works ten times better than Zelnorm.I ALMOST FEEL NORMAL!I KINDA FEEL MINTED IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
ONLY THING THO,I KNOW MY ANUS WILL BURN TOMMOROW COZ GOD DESIGN ME THAT WAY

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I URGE YOU TO BUY IT,THE LINK IS IN THE OTHER C FORUM.IT'S FROM UK AND REALLY AFFORDABLE.I DON'T THINK IT'S AVAILABLE IN AMERICA ANYMORE.GO FIGURE!!!???

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also,i don't know *why*,the others peppermint products *dosen't* do the same magic.IT MUST BE THAT COLPERMINT IS STRONGER.ALSO IT CAN IRRITATE THE ANUS.THAT'S THE ONLY SIDE EFFECT REALLY(OTHER THAN FEELING MINTED
)THIS PRODUCT WORKS EXTREMLY WELL FOR TRAPPED GAS.IF MY ASS IS IRRITATED TOMORROW,I WILL STOP FOR FEW DAYS.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must be the mint,i'm super energetic.Sorry for the multiple post.
Does any of you know how i could *prevent* the anus burning tommorow???

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
Hi Spas so glad you found something to help! I actually did try colpermin back in the mid 80's. a friend brought some back from the uk for me although i do think i found later you could get it in the states back then too. it didn't help me unfortunately but thanks for mentioning it because it's worth a try for others. enteric coated peppermint is supposed to be superior to the other forms of peppermint.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Spas, beleive me I want an alternative to the Z. but how on earth does abn antispasmodic help you poop more? relieve pain? yes but act as a promotility....??????taking an"overdose" of vit C. will also cause D. and yep it makes the butt burn too!!! i cant use it as I suffer from relux...boo

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lorilou,there is no reflux associated with that since it's enterocoated.It dosen't hurt to try.I just have pooped and it dosen't burn for now. I also order more

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took one at 6PM last nigth.I think i'm already mint pooping
I can take more if i want.I'm experimenting slowly.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Follow the link above,no need to see a MD!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As far as i know,there is nothing who works like Colpermin(i don't know what is Pepogest tho).At least they did some research on IBS.What i can tell you for sure is that when i take it,i get many hours of relief and motility activation.As for the heat sensation,it may happen a little more(especially lower belly)but it's still worthed for many hours of relief.Again,you may want to take it especially if you about to throw up coz it promote gastric emptying and appetite.Whithin few minutes,your stomack/duodenum activate digestion.I'm not kidding,it rescussitate appetite.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SpAsMaN,I think I remember you telling me that you are a (or were) a dulcolax user. Are you not having to use dulcolax anymore now?It sounds promising but unfortunately I alreay get heartburn from eating a mint.. not sure if this would cause heartburn as well. I do not have any appetite problems either
but I would take that side effect if it could replace zelnorm and dulcolax.Let me know and please keep us posted on your progress
So glad to hear this is working so well for you!!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As i said the first 6-12 hours after i took one Colpermin was wonderful comparing to my normal state.Now i somewhat feel some rebound effect but as i said,these 6-12 hours feeling "normal" was so worthed.It's something you need to have in your drug basket for emergency.You could take it if you go eating with friends etc..

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I feel quite irritated down there today.It sucks coz i DID felt good at the beginning.It's like my lower gut it's too irritated to handle Colpermin.This morning i had extrem gas from eating maple syrup yesterday.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi SpAsMan, I too have had serious releif from trapped gas by taking enteric coated peepermint, although I've never tried Colpermin specifically. Don't give up on it - maybe just try taking it less often. I find as little as one tablet (0.2 mL) per day is enough. Linda

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LK,yeah i wouldn't take 2 lol.I'm quite confuse about my rebound effect the days after.However i'm use to rebound effect with laxatives.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.