Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,A while back I ordered the book "Listen to your gut" by Jini Patel, after seeing an ad on this website. I am surprised I haven't really found any posts about it, as I've found it to be an excellent book. She has sooooo much helpful advice on what to eat, what therapies to use, and what goes on emotionally when someone is suffering from IBS or IBD. She is very clear about the fact that not everyone is willing or able to implement all the changes she outlines, and invites everyone to pick and choose what they feel is right. She also has some great tips, for instance on colonic massage, and this nifty technique to help suck stool back up (sounds weird and impossible, but just knowing about this technique makes me less nervous in public!) Also, she outlines how to dialogue better with our bodies, which I have come to see the importance of. I am so used to being mad at my tummy, and distancing myself from it, while the poor thing actually is a part of me!Has anyone else read this book? Any thoughts? Sorry if this sounded like an ad, but I have really enjoyed the book!Carmen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, They actually don't have this book at amazon, I checked, but they frequently have an ad on the ibsgroup.org page. If not, this is the direct link: http://www.caramal.com/ltyg/ltygdescriptio...w.ibsgroup.org/ I also just want to make clear that I am not trying to place an ad, I'm just a regular member of the bulletin board, and this book is helping me, slowly, but that's a start!CarmenModerator: changed referral link for IBSGroup

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Jini Patel has had a positive impact on how I manage my IBS. About a year ago, I read an itnernet article she wrote about how to manage IBS symptoms. In that piece she mentioned L-Glutamine which I tried and immediately experienced relief for my constant D. I still take it for bad flare-ups and it helps tremendously.Thank you so much for mentioning the book as I had missed the announcement here and definitely want to read it. I just placed my order and am looking forward to finding more natural ways to handle my IBS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.