Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading that liver toxicity can cause constipation and digestive tract problems.Has anyone ever tried a liver cleanse to help with ibs ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
derick. What the heck is a liver cleanse?How do they manage to do that? ------------------Jim

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There was someone here awhile ago touting this. And I dunno if he was touting the same thing you've been looking into.I haven't seen anything that convinces me that it would be helpful. And it appears that some of the "stones" that appear in the stool may be simply from a chemical reaction of the oil and the acidic fruit juice rather than anything from your body.There is a fairly persistant myth that IBS is from some sort of toxic buildup in the body. So people propose cleansing various things to "fix" the IBS. For the majority of IBSers most of these things do not seem to be helpful.IBS appears to be from screwed up nerves and that is not caused by toxic buildup. I would think, based on metobolic diseases that do in fact lead to build ups of various and sometimes toxic things, that were we as messed up as the proponents of toxic build up are we would all be very seriously ill, rather than generally healthy but miserable, which is the description of most IBSers.I may have IBS, but every doctor or alternative person I've been to (hey I tried that way abit but it didn't help me as much as standard medicine) all seem to agree that I'm extrememly healthy and will probably live a very long life unless a bus hits me.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.