Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is IBS feel like it sends your body into total shutdown? For years I've been plagued with kidney stones. Then last year the doctors finally gave my pain and constipation misery a name: IBS-C. Then last month an endoscopy showed chronic gastritis. Now yesterday a Cat scan showed liver cysts. What the HELL! I'm on so many meds I can't keep track: hydrochlorathiaside, zofran, pepcid, zegerid, Maalox, Benefiber, Glycolax, Levsin... I'm nauseous every day no matter what I eat so I've stopped eating. I've lost 8 pounds in less than a week. When is this life going to feel like a life again? Anybody out there suffering from my foursome got some advice? This is becoming too much.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I feel for you DJack....my husband doesn't have IBS but he has suffered a lot with the kidney stones ....he has big ones that break off little pieces at a time...I can't tell you how many he has passed....and I know they are so painful...he never wants me to worry either and usually doesn't tell me he's having problems till after or he goes to the e.r. to get a pain shot to pass them.......I hope you feel better...Mary::
))

·
Registered
116 Posts
Daily dosage for IBS-C:Magnesium Oxide, 500mg before bedtime and 250mg before breakfast.For kidney stones: 1) see Magnesium Oxide (above)and also add 100mg magnesium citrate before breakfast with glass of orange juice.2) 50mg vitamin B6.3) Increase water intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts