Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year !Just wondering how this board is...Any old friends here from Jeff's board ?------------------Regards - Duane

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Duane yea i`m a board hopper myself from Jeff`s to here I like them both and I have seen a few others here as well. Take care and Happy New Year to you too.------------------Peter44

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pete!Thanx for the *warm* welcome.Yeah, I tried Jeff's board for a while, but they had this character named Flux there, who was always always telling people that their herbal/vitamin/homeopathic remedys were "Hogwash".Then this woman kept wanting to talk about religion all the time, and I just got tired of listening to her screaming.Hope this place *isn't* like that.Do Doctor's monitor this board? ------------------Regards - Duane[This message has been edited by Duane (edited 01-19-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Duane hate to brake the news to ya but Flux is here too (like Ray Stevens song "He`s everywhere,he`s everywhere") as for the doc I have seen some post from him here so when you want to ask just post for the dr, but beware Flux is lurking near.
P.S. Flux this is all in good humor. P.S.S. i`m not a dr either but I can mix some mean drinks. How bout a Flaming Pepto fiz.------------------Peter44

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Duane! This is the only board I go to, I've checked out a few others, but like this one the best. Hopefully, you won't get tired of any of us! We all seem to get along pretty well, without too many weirdos. Anyway, welcome!!
K

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duane,peter44 is right, the "fluxter" is here occassionally, and so also I believe was the person you refer to as "wanting to talk about religion all the time..." (anyway, there was someone similar to that).While flux can be like fingernails on a blackboard, he does from time to time, occassionally, every once in a while...OK, once that I can remember, contribute something positive to the board or at least give some useful information. You are correct, he does seem to have an ax to grind with the "herbal/vitamin/ homeopathic..." crowd - maybe drank some bad green tea once (?) - but it's good to have all viewpoints so you can strike a balance for yourself.As I recall, the guy seems to be cranky, and in fact "reported" alyson (another veteran poster) and I one time back in August or so (still not sure what all that was about - haven't been thrown off the board...yet) and threatened to sue another poster who was/is a licensed MD. The moral of that story: not too many folks tend to get into a discussion with the guy.But as I said, flux does post some useful information, so take that as a positive.Now there was someone who called herself "ihaveittoo", and was making posts suggesting that those of us who didn't believe as she did were yoked with the devil, or would otherwise meet with doom (I can't remember the exact words, but that was the idea). Many foks on here are spiritual or could be considered religious, but I think they are tolerant, caring, well-intentioned folks and yes, we all get on pretty well. But in the case of ihaveittoo I think the group drew the line and there were some (including myself and alyson) who just asked her to tone it down a bit after we were told that we were doomed.Anyway, as K says, we all seem to get along pretty well. I think part of the reason is that, for one cause or another, a group of very caring and helpfull people have gotten in the same place here and it's working. If you look at some of the posts, you will see that if one "member" has a bad time, a lot of others jump in to help.Finally, the information value of the board is very good and Parkview has been an excellent host.Hang in...BJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys, I'm another reprobate refugee from the 700 board, just checking in to see if all the mechanics work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.